Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that applied to penalty kicks, for which we apparently have no strategy or policy whatsoever. Remember when Rodri just decided to take one and Pep seemed as surprised as anyone else? It's so odd. Surely our top handful of penalty takers should be designated and they should be getting coached on the opposition goalkeeper pre-game. Seems like a major oversight for a team that gets (and misses) as many penalties as we do
Pep just needs to assign a penalty taker and stick to it like every other team. Stop letting the players decide who takes them.

Pep just needs to assign a penalty taker and stick to it like every other team. Stop letting the players decide who takes them.

Or the players can decide in advance, if he wants to give them that responsibility, but not in the moment. When the XI walk out onto the pitch everyone should know who the penalty taker is, and the penalty taker should have been briefed on the keeper

Maybe you know that the goalkeeper has a very high save percentage against left footed takers, so you know going in De Bruyne will take any penalties over Mahrez for that game

I just find it hard to believe it’s left entirely to the whim of the players in the moment, especially because it clearly is not working for us

I thought Pep wanted to win the title vs Chelsea and therefore field a stronger team,
but I was wrong. Pep wasn't half arsed about it. He knew what he was doing.

I also thought it would be a factor to put Chelsea under pressure concerning top 4 and CL final confidence, but again I was wrong.

Wrong expectations, that's all. Feels shite.

Twice recently he’s put out a team with a seriously suspect left flank, just begging to be targeted.

It‘s obvious to anyone (including Pep) so one can only deduce he’s happy to risk sacrificing selected games in the wider interest. We’ve seen it many tImes in various guises now, including a couple of derby matches and a Cup SF.

Yes, one of the best ever managers ever but infuriating at times from a fan’s viewpoint.

If we win the PL and CL, of course, it will be forgotten and forgiven.

He rarely screws up. However when he does...

There's been a pattern now of losing the first game where we could have won the league. When we lost against Utd 3-2. Now this game.
Or when we failed to do it in the first game in 2019 too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.