Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly ridiculous playing a player who want to/ and looking likely to leave very soon. He had a terrible game today. Wish him well with his move but he isn’t good enough to be world class

It does make you wonder just how good arteta was as a coach behind pep

it really doesn’t.

Pep has done it for years before Arteta, and stats would show we were actually better the year before Arteta was no. 2 and Dominic Torrent was.

he had a media profile, the cold truth is he ran drills and collected cones early on in his stint, and wasn’t some genius as many would like to claim.

Pep needs to realize that the last time he got caught up in the La masia / Catalunian sentiment was his last season at Barcelona, when, for sentimental reasons, he brought Fabregas back to Barcelona and kept trying to force him into the starting team , that turned out to be Pep's worst season at Barcelona, as they finished second in la liga and got knocked out of the ucl by Chelsea, after that he went on a sabbatical, now the Ironic thing is this, despite the love Pep showed to Fabregas, Fabregas has since jumped on every chance he gets to subtly discredit Pep.

I see the same pattern repeating itself here with this Garcia love-fest, I get it the kid is a Catalan and from La Masia but he just isn't cut out to play in the English league. This kid could be the downfall of Pep this season and one common trait with the entitled la masia products is that they believe they are just too good and its never ever their fault, just look up the interviews of bojan, deulefeou, tello, cuenca and Fabregas, there's always someone else to blame, in the case of Cesc, he even went as far as saying Mourinho was the best manager he had played under and that Mourinho was a better manager than Pep, all that bad blood because he couldn't cut it at Barcelona, I see the same happening with Garcia.

These entitled la masia players always sulk and blame others when things don't go their way rather than fit with the style of the league and I see the exact same thing happening with Garcia, kid just wouldn't adapt to the style of play in the pl, wouldn't hit the gym to put on some extra pounds either! Pep doesn't need to show preference to anyone, he owes his allegiance to the club and not to Catalonia or Barcelona, the sooner he realizes this, the better.
Pick the players based on merit and let Garcia be on his way to Barcelona!

Last edited:
He's a great manager when things are going well but I don't think he thrives in adversity It looked like we were going to dominate the league but Liverpool have grown into a force and we have crumbled, we may have won the title in 18/19 but we have crumbled thereafter and lost the war and look powerless to stop them for the coming years. Pep just done not seem the right person to overthrow a team like this, he is used to having much more favourable conditions.

I'm a huge Pep fan, and his team has accomplished great things. But he has to take a chunk of the blame for the last season or so. There have absolute flashes of brilliance - our performances against RM, for example, but some real limitations.

We are a limited, brilliant team. Our style of play (often breathtaking) comes with definite downsides: no plan B, no pragmatism, and crucially, no real teamwork once the ball is past our press.

We show amazing teamwork in attack. We show amazing teamwork pressing. But when we are hit on the break or have been played past, our game plan depends entirely on individual brilliance to snuff out attacks or save the day.

And when you leave players so exposed they will sometimes fail, and fail in a very exposed way that undermines individual players and affects their confidence.

And I don't think Guardiola is really willing to address this, because the problem isn't new. This is an old Guardiola problem. He's so committed to one style of play that he accepts this downside, and just looks for individual players who can cope. I remember his Bayern side lose against Atletico in the CL years ago - they dominated, were hit on the break, and ended up passing the ball around and punting endless crosses into the box.

Man for man we are miles better than Leicester. But we are definitely less than the sum of our parts. And with Pep's contract situation unclear, if I was a player like de Bruyne or Sterling who really want to win things, would I be hoping he extends or not? To be honest, I'd probably hope not and take my chances with another world class manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.