Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero, Sane and Silva are missing.

We have to go with what we have and we have to adapt to those 3 not being available / here anymore.

Imo we're doing well and will only get better.
And, arguably, most importantly, Fernandinho!

Your stats are shit.

A "shot" can hit the corner flag.

A "shot on target" can be a little trickler straight into the goalkeeper's hands.

Given they had the "best front 3/4 in the world" out there, at no time did I feel they were over running us or pulling us all over the place. I felt pretty comfortable.

KDB scores that pen and/or Sterling takes that chance Allison saved and we win the game and everyone on here is raving about a Pep masterclass.
We had to be better chances but that makes even harder to digest . Sterling should have passed to Jesus in the first half didn’t and he fucked it up as usual. The penalty was shit but these things happen and I would imagine over the season he will make up for it and Jesus missed a sitter . At the moment to say we will win the title with strikers who are injury prone is crazy . Next season will be the one when we should be stronger up front and in midfield.

Need more energy in the team, Bernie and Phil at half time and we might have won the match. Only my opinion.

We saw last season how a small drop off in the pressing put us way behind Liverpool, and they hit the same wall about two thirds of the way through last season.

Given we had no pre-season at all, I don't think the energy is there, whoever is on the pitch. Even with our most energetic team, there are too many running on empty. The big worry for me yesterday was that Liverpool did have a break between seasons, but the second half showed that they just can't keep up the press either.

A real shame that Kev's penalty went wide - If that had gone in I think we'd have had two tired teams slugging it out, and maybe a lot more action.

what's the point when he shits the bed against the might of Lyon?

Got to hope that doesn't happen again this time,I'm serious,balls deep this time.

He is already saying that there will be a lot of teams in the mix for the league this time,could well be,but I think 4 at most,us being one of them,domestic cups will not be taken as serious,although we should go a long way in both,but its Europe on a shit or bust scenario

Got to hope that doesn't happen again this time,I'm serious,balls deep this time.

He is already saying that there will be a lot of teams in the mix for the league this time,could well be,but I think 4 at most,us being one of them,domestic cups will not be taken as serious,although we should go a long way in both,but its Europe on a shit or bust scenario

well 1 more win in Europe and we can forget about it till next year.

I think just try and keep in the hunt in the league, rotating regularly and then go for a big push at the end of the season like 18/19. The back 4 is getting back where it needs to be for that kind of 1-0 grind out results mentality which we've been trying recently, which is better for us than winning 5-0 1 week and losing 3-2 the next in the league.

well 1 more win in Europe and we can forget about it till next year.

I think just try and keep in the hunt in the league, rotating regularly and then go for a big push at the end of the season like 18/19. The back 4 is getting back where it needs to be for that kind of 1-0 grind out results mentality which we've been trying recently, which is better for us than winning 5-0 1 week and losing 3-2 the next in the league.

Agreed,I think there will be a lot of rotation,but not always to make us stronger unfortunately,we don't have the depth like a year or two ago now,especially in league,Garcia should be nowhere near the matchday squad for a start though,and a new striker (of any description) needs to be sought in January window,that is a must,we need goals.......................unless Delap get's a go more regulary,which is doubtful.

We saw last season how a small drop off in the pressing put us way behind Liverpool, and they hit the same wall about two thirds of the way through last season.

Given we had no pre-season at all, I don't think the energy is there, whoever is on the pitch. Even with our most energetic team, there are too many running on empty. The big worry for me yesterday was that Liverpool did have a break between seasons, but the second half showed that they just can't keep up the press either.

A real shame that Kev's penalty went wide - If that had gone in I think we'd have had two tired teams slugging it out, and maybe a lot more action.

Pep should have seen that they looked knackered and got two of our more energetic players on, we probably would have won this game.

I can live with this if it’s a temporary patch to cover injuries, lack of fitness and loss of form.

Although time will tell, we have hopefully now stabilised our long-standing defensive frailties. Shame Dias wasn’t on the radar 12 months earlier instead of Slabhead and that 12 months of Cancelo were wasted for whatever reason. Anyway, along with Ake too, we now look much sounder at the back.

It‘s not what you’d want for too long given our investment in players and management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.