Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been a huge critic of peps squad management over the years.

But I cannot see how anyone can have a go at the changes today. 14 points ahead, 8 games to go, slender lead to defend in Germany in midweek. He was absolutely right to make 7 changes.

Today was on the players, not Pep.

Disagree completely. The players produced exactly the performance I thought they would when I saw the team sheet. We’ve seen him rest too many key personnel before (Cheltenham in the cup being a good example). Taking out your 4 most creative players, which quartet also included our 3 best dribblers and 2 best crossers, was only ever going to result in the kind of toothless complacency we saw today, because, erm, it always does

Genius yes
Best manager ever yes

but he has this arrogance at times showing very poor game management / tactics.

he lost us today’s game as he did against Utd.

why is stones for 90 minutes running forward so much trying to score against 10 men. Totally insane when the worlds best creator is on the bench

His squad management this season has been good but it was a huge gamble to pick that starting line up today and it failed, it looked weak from the start

Far too arrogant for my liking.
I remember when Pep prioritised the league over CL QF 1st leg in 18/19, was called arrogant. Now he does the opposite and he's still arrogant. Me thinks we should just play the best XI based on whoscored ratings and the club should eliminate the position of the manager. Better yet, have a poll on Bluemoon pre match to select the starting XI.

What ever happened today, pep in not arrogant, has never been arrogant and never will be arrogant, as for being over friendly being the problem that's bollox as well, one of those days with his eyes on Wednesday and Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.