Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Pep bashing on social media after that. For me that was the right call. We have enough of a buffer in the league now to be able to potentially sacrifice a game or two to give us a better chance elsewhere, that's the whole benefit of having such a commanding lead.

The team he put out was 11 international players, it wasn't the EDS side, it was significantly more talented than the Leeds 11 and even given a helping hand when it went to the Leeds 10, but players that should have been pushing for a starting spot in our strongest 11 were woeful and only further cemented their bench status. Our attacking depth is not as strong as we might think. Hopefully that's addressed in the summer.

No blame on Pep today, the correct call and whilst he could have brought on foden earlier and kdb I understand his decisions, the team on the pitch should not have required our best players to bail them out. The only thing now is we simply have to beat dortmund now for it to have been worthwhile otherwise it turns into a disaster.
When you take into account the up and coming games eg Dortmund, Chelsea and Spurs, today was the game we can perhaps afford to lose out of these 4 fixtures. I think his selection today was correct bearing in mind we have the Dortmund match on Wednesday, but we now need to get through to the semi final of the CL in order to justify today's starting 11.

I can accept the need to rotate and the odd match going the wrong way. With the pen we should have had the match might have progressed totally differently. But fuck it I'm still suffering from that loss vs the scum. That should never have happened and was all Pep. I'm just a foreign plastic armchair fan that just goes to matches once in a blue moon but I've been so for 45+ years and beating the red vermin is always on the top of my list for the season, lately just below winning the league which has become a thing.
When Pep declares the derby to be nothing special and manages to play a team without Bernie, Walker and Foden against high strung rags no doubt fired up by the garden gnome who is an actual fan, it's beyond brainfart. It's just criminal. For the next derby I want him to call in sick and just pick any old blue manc to manage the team for the day. </rant>

I can accept the need to rotate and the odd match going the wrong way. With the pen we should have had the match might have progressed totally differently. But fuck it I'm still suffering from that loss vs the scum. That should never have happened and was all Pep. I'm just a foreign plastic armchair fan that just goes to matches once in a blue moon but I've been so for 45+ years and beating the red vermin is always on the top of my list for the season, lately just below winning the league which has become a thing.
When Pep declares the derby to be nothing special and manages to play a team without Bernie, Walker and Foden against high strung rags no doubt fired up by the garden gnome who is an actual fan, it's beyond brainfart. It's just criminal. For the next derby I want him to call in sick and just pick any old blue manc to manage the team for the day. </rant>
I'm 100% with you brother.

To question the defence when it was his decision to put Fern back as centre half is a bit rich
Fernandinho should not be anywhere near the defence.
Speed is gone.
Cannot understand the decision to replace Ake with Fernandinho.
If Ake was injured bring on a centre half. If Peps intention was to bring on Gundogan, take off a midfielder.
Even take off Mendy and put Zinchenko ag left back.
It is absolutely critical to have 2 centre halves playing. Garcia is not everyone's cup of tea but is a better option than the current Fernandinho in the centre half position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.