Pep Guardiola. the affect on the world cup winners

ancoats

maybe pep guardiola has more affect on international football than first thought or am i clutching at straws
ok its a big question or statement but if you look at spain and Barcelona then at germany and munich then both won there national leagues under pep and then the nations players went on to win the world cup

just maybe the pep affect runs right through to international football and the champions of england have 3 or 4 players in the england team just like barca and munich had when there national team won the world cup. also you must have to watch and learn when pep guardiola rocks up in your national league and turns one of your teams into masters of football and starts to break all the records with ease

even gareth southgate and the coaches was seen at the etihad campus and taking it all in how can you not pick up little pointers and when you add 3 or 4 of the champions to the squad again things must rub off onto others. even if its just fitness or mental something happens to the players and the football in them nationals leagues under pep guardiola

can england go on to win the world cup am not saying they can but england have gone up many levels fast and look a team that can be hard to beat. yes you need that bit of luck at times but just maybe the pep guardiola affect starts to kick in and you keep the ball and use it in the right way

I think it's more of the Cruyff effect. Cruyff started the revolution, Pep is perfecting it.

Edit:

I should elaborate, it's unfair to just respond with one line. Pep is certainly influencing how other coaches see football, and before the World Cup our own league has seemed to have been affected by how football is now played.

Pep made it popular, but it's easier for him to show this gospel in the Internet age. Cruyff did similar analytical and philosophical coaching down to the minute detail, but during his time he only had vHS tapes and handwritten notes.

Pep simply revised the syllabus, finished the final chapters and published his whole philosophy.

Last edited:
maybe pep guardiola has more affect on international football than first thought or am i clutching at straws
ok its a big question or statement but if you look at spain and Barcelona then at germany and munich then both won there national leagues under pep and then the nations players went on to win the world cup

just maybe the pep affect runs right through to international football and the champions of england have 3 or 4 players in the england team just like barca and munich had when there national team won the world cup. also you must have to watch and learn when pep guardiola rocks up in your national league and turns one of your teams into masters of football and starts to break all the records with ease

even gareth southgate and the coaches was seen at the etihad campus and taking it all in how can you not pick up little pointers and when you add 3 or 4 of the champions to the squad again things must rub off onto others. even if its just fitness or mental something happens to the players and the football in them nationals leagues under pep guardiola

can england go on to win the world cup am not saying they can but england have gone up many levels fast and look a team that can be hard to beat. yes you need that bit of luck at times but just maybe the pep guardiola affect starts to kick in and you keep the ball and use it in the right way
Well, Southgate and his pals should have noticed that Walker is not a centre back and Raz is best deployed wide, to cut in.

I think it's more of the Cruyff effect. Cruyff started the revolution, Pep is perfecting it.

Edit:

I should elaborate, it's unfair to just respond with one line. Pep is certainly influencing how other coaches see football, and before the World Cup our own league has seemed to have been affected by how football is now played.

Pep made it popular, but it's easier for him to show this gospel in the Internet age. Cruyff did similar analytical and philosophical coaching down to the minute detail, but during his time he only had vHS tapes and handwritten notes.

Pep simply revised the syllabus, finished the final chapters and published his whole philosophy.
Einstein was once asked from where his amazing insight came. He replied "We all stand on the shoulders of giants."
This modern revolution was really born in the Total Football of Rinus Michels, the dutch coach of the 70s. Cruyff learnt from him and refined, then Pep did the same and so on down the line. There is no doubt in my mind that Pep Klopp and Poch are having a major effect on English football. Hoofball is dying. Bye bye BFS.

There's no doubt he had a massive effect on the spanish national team and their dominance on the international stage. They adopted his tika-tika football from barcelona with the majority of the same players. Likewise but to a lesser extent germany adapted to the style his bayern side used with around half the same players from that side. So there's no doubt that what he did with the club sides had some effect on the national team in those leagues. I'm not certain that will be the case for England though as not only is the quality of most of the players not on the level of the other teams he managed, the national team uses a completely different system to the one he's used most in the league.

Einstein was once asked from where his amazing insight came. He replied "We all stand on the shoulders of giants."
This modern revolution was really born in the Total Football of Rinus Michels, the dutch coach of the 70s. Cruyff learnt from him and refined, then Pep did the same and so on down the line. There is no doubt in my mind that Pep Klopp and Poch are having a major effect on English football. Hoofball is dying. Bye bye BFS.

i feel the mental side of the game is now key and players are learning more about understanding themselves and what is needed other than skill and fitness and placement on the pitch and a manager barking out instructions all the time is not good. yes the football side of it is what makes it tick and knowing your role in the side. but what is asked of you is the knowledge that's the manager job to build into his players and pep guardiola is the master of getting is views across and making you believe you are the best and its all about getting into your brain and then you start thinking you are the best

its making the game simple and playing in the right way and that old saying keep the ball and the other team can't score. but the mind games is pep key to it and he gets into the players heads very quickly and he controls them and getting a player to believe to a point of brainwashing them over and over again he will work on stuff with the players and pep see's it as a healthy minds works best and its true

if you can do it in your sleep then its making the job that little bit better on the field and on match days getting that vision of what you are meant to be doing is a picture built up of many hours on the training ground its like pep knows what is happening at the weekend so here is the plan and take on board

Edit:

It was Rinus Michels who started all this off. He was the man who invented “Total Football”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.