Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

Gorton_Tubster

Team supported
Manchester City
Will it be Dyche? Really?

Am I the only one finding this to be another ridiculous example of the anti-city bias.

Each time we win the premier title our manager somehow doesnt get the award..... the criteria changes from "producing a winning team" to surviving without money" as if a total backlash against City, wtf!

It's the same with PotY, suddenly its top scorers and "playing in a team that doesnt have lots of good players around them" that wins the award, when in the past it has been the player most integral in the winning team.

(Not a pop at Dyche btw, it could have been whoever, more the fact that Pep wouldnt win MoY for the football everyones witnessed these season, money doesnt buy that)

Last edited:
If Pep doesn't win it, I'd like to see Rafa win it, as he's done an amazing job keeping Newcastle up with a championship quality team.
But if City set new records, as looks like they might, Pep, who has introduced new levels and systems this year, taking the Prem by storm, should win it.

I'll bet all of the votes went in last week. Voting for these awards always seems to coincide with City going through a "slump". They should leave them until the season is over.

100% Pep. He has revolutionised football in England. Any other result would be a completed utter joke/travesty.

it'll be pep, but to be fair to dyche hes done a fantastic job.

I think you need to define 'fantastic' to be honest.
He's done a good job to be fair but nothing more.
They went through a spell when they didn't win in 11 games - how fantastic was that?
Hodgson has done a great job. Rafa has done a great job. Both of them at least on par with
what Dyche has done quite easily.

Pep won the PL with 5 games to spare, scored the most goals etc etc. Now that is a fantastic job.
If Klopp or Peg had done the same then there is no doubt either of them would have won it without debate.
Infact if either of them had won the title in anyway they would got it and with some merit to be fair.
Pep has been head & shoulders above all of them and by some distance.
If Dyche wins it then the award loses any credibility is has (if any) and it really will show up the biased 'Little Englander'
mentality of football in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.