Pep - no signings coming in in January

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cleavers, 14 Dec 2018.

1. richards30

richards30

Is it possible that we just can’t spend anything due to being tight on FFP? I seem to remember @Prestwich_Blue saying that this coming financial year he felt we would post a small loss due to our spending last summer? Maybe it has impacted on our business until next summer?

2. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

Jorginho and Mahrez don't play the same position, so why would we 'bite the bullet' and accept Mahrez if we need/want a CDM? (Sorry if I'm missing your point)
    Where did I 'tell you' Pep doesn't want a CDM? :-) I'm pretty sure if one measures up, we'll be in for him in Jan if possible.
    Other than to comply with possible new FFP spend rules, why do you think our days of big spending are over? Previous windows don't point to this

3. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

We were prepared to spend £50m on Jorginho, so the cash is there. No point using it on stop gap. Has to be the right player. If we can find now for LB or DM the right player now, id be surprised if the club doesn't spend the money earmarked for Jorginho.

4. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Or is all this smoke and mirrors so that whoever we want doesn’t go somewhere else for mega amounts more or we are forced to pay over the odds?

Some talk that since we said that Barca are trying to drop their bid for de Jong.

5. 01cravend

01cravend

Because we missed out on our CDM targets. Our interest cooled on Mahrez when talking to Fred iirc and then Mahrez name popped up again after we missed out on Jorginho, it always seemed to be either or. Pep will tell Txiki ect players he's interested in and we'll put feelers out to said players and see who bites, it doesn't mean we'll sign/have the budget for everyone that is potentially interested in coming to us.

We've signed 2 players in the last 2 windows and Pep says we're not signing anyone in Jan despite the obvious need to.
    what are the signs that'll we'll spend big again?

6. blueparrot

blueparrot

We were still in for Jorginho long after Mahrez signed so I woulsd expect the money is still there . I just dont think the player is there for January.

7. Ajm1985

Ajm1985

Do we have a policy of avoiding loan moves?

8. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

Only players I can remember we loaned were Lampard and Marc Vivien Foe. Probably more but i can't think of any

9. Delphinho

Delphinho

Pizarro

10. Big Yaya Wilko 12

Big Yaya Wilko 12

Pep reiterated no signings in January.

Brilliant.