Pep - no signings coming in in January

Playing Stones in midfield in a critical PL game when we are trailing Liv I call mismanagement of resources he had. Also playing Walker 90 minutes in a Carabou cup game where Lester were playing second string team again was mismanagement of resources he had considering we had number of key games coming up.

My worry about playing Stones in midfield was less the game time and more the impact on his confidence- we know Stones is a confidence player and his confidence can be fragile and having a shocker - out of position against Palace - I hope won't knock his confidence too much.

Given in the summer the consensus was we needed a centre mid , a left back and possibly a striker . We had plenty of attacking midfielders and wingers.

So we bought a pretty average attacking right winger who kicks with his left foot.

So if we buy someone in January I do hope it’s not another attacking midfielder!

The scousers look too strong this season , and games where they might be under pressure the refs Will sort it for them, so we just need to think long term and get some decent first team players in the areas we really need.

Given in the summer the consensus was we needed a centre mid , a left back and possibly a striker . We had plenty of attacking midfielders and wingers.

So we bought a pretty average attacking right winger who kicks with his left foot.

So if we buy someone in January I do hope it’s not another attacking midfielder!

The scousers look too strong this season , and games where they might be under pressure the refs Will sort it for them, so we just need to think long term and get some decent first team players in the areas we really need.
It was another all too familiar summer, where we had a huge opportunity to kick on and failed to do so. So much for not making the same mistakes as previous title wins.

Hopefully in the summer we actually bring in players we need. Back up GK, LB and DM. Give Foden 4th choice attacking midfield spot and ship off Gundogan.

They identified their weaknesses and got their first choices to fill those spots.

City didn't (for the 3rd time after a title win). It was obvious an injury to Fernandinho would hinder us and predictably it's come back to bite us.

It was another all too familiar summer, where we had a huge opportunity to kick on and failed to do so. So much for not making the same mistakes as previous title wins.
...and it is fucking annoying. I was not fussed we got Mahrez as such but not getting someone in to backup Fernandinho seemed like a mistake. My hope was Mendy stayed fit and Delph did a job for when Fernandinho was out. It has not worked out like that at all unfortunately.

I haven’t been overly impressed with the majority of Mahrez’s performances thus far but to label him as “average” is just plain wrong.

I thought it very strange that nobody appeared to go very heavily on spending in the summer, maybe there is something going on in the background that the clubs are aware of?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.