Pep - no signings coming in in January

I understand that negotiating transfers is much harder in January and clubs are reluctant to let players go. However, I do think there is value in getting players in, letting them settle for 5 months and get them to hit the ground running next season. Laporte and VVD are just 2 recent examples of this.

You forgot our other excellent January signing....

Wilfred

Problem is I see us having only a handful of "World Class elite players" and 4 of them are ageing. (Vinny ,Kun, Silva & Fern) .That just leaves KdB at that elite world class level . Others have potential yes (Sane, Sterling????) the rest are realistically squad makeweights.
Unless we start replacing that top quality then its 2012 all over.

PS I started drinking early. happy new year
I see what you mean.. I think Laporte stones, and berny are up there as well. But yes a big chunk of our best players are getting on and we need to start preparing for the end of their time here.

Quite scary that we need to replace Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero in the next 2-3 years. In the state the transfer market is... its going to cost ludicrous amount unless we get lucky and spot gems that we can get for reasonable prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.