Pep - no signings coming in in January

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cleavers, 14 Dec 2018.

1. qatar blue

qatar blue

Komps and silva already replaced. Fern and Aguero to be replaced, thereafter the hope would be for the academy to do the rest bar buying the odd worldie

2. the_tevez_wiggle

the_tevez_wiggle

Exactly, ideally we didn't need mahrez with Diaz and sancho but shit happens.
    kompany has been replaced already it's otta that needs replaced. Stones, laporte,Garcia + 1 backup.
    Silva is replaced by Silva again it's gundogan that needs replacing. Bernado, KDB, foden + 1.
    Ferna is the big issue, nothing coming through the eds as of yet so we need 2 players brought in.
    Kun, we have Jesus is he an understudy still? Do we go for an established forward or a young bright prospect and trust Jesus. Nmecha is starting to look decent now but that's a young pairing.
    Then it's the lb position. Is mendy having a bad period or is he a perma crock? Either way we desperately need at least a backup this window. The young Spaniard looks tasty coming in but at 16 it's too early.

3. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU
    Unfortunately it is looking like the later - he has made 19 appearances since he signed and in that time the team has played 87 matches which means he has appeared only 22% of the time. He was reported to have cost £52m so he has cost us £2.74m per appearance so far, not a good deal I think you could say.

4. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Manchester City...your so money supermarket
    our very own darren anderton it's looking like

nmc likes this.
  5. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

We signed only 1 player in the summer and with no academy player coming through and 4 players over 30 that was a huge gamble that mainly because of Mendy`s injury has not worked, we need pace down the central spine and a good quality back up for Mendy
    Daldert, fast as lightning decent player Inter do need to sell and are reportedly looking at Young
    Ndembele £70 million if that is performance based get it done, if not take Rabiot on loan with a view to buy
    Zaha, a Chinese club has bid £45 million supposedly but we should, yeah we know he is a diver but he tortured our defense and he plays naturally in the position that Pep wants his strikers to play a must for Pep
    there is nothing wrong with our first team apart from age but our b team does not challenge the first team enough it simply waits for injuries in too many places, and with these signings which will raise the pace of the squad rapidly .puts pressure on Zinchenko Delph and Gundogan

6. Big Dave Watson

Big Dave Watson

Short sighted policy in the summer by not strengthening after the title win, not learning from past mistakes.

Extremely short sighted policy again now by not addressing weaknesses.

The Riot Club likes this.
  7. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

Pep said he might change his mind i think hes giving the press a bum steer tbf.

8. colesy

colesy

Well they definitely tried filling our most needed position, but the long drawn out Jorginho saga didn't exactly help us. If we had secured him, it is not as if these is an abundance of squad places left.

9. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Do you think (even though Napoli's idea obviously was to use him in the Sarri deal) if we'd not buggered about arguing with them over £5-6M we'd have called their bluff letting us look elsewhere or in my opinion landed him before all the saga had chance to start up?

10. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

I am quite glad we did not get Jorginho a very good player but no Fernandinho back up or replacement the one thing it does prove is that city do want a player and that we have the money, buying only 1 player has increased the need, Daldert Ndombele and Zaha for me