Pep sending a message?

I don't think he would because we have remained professional. Some are advocating unprofessional treatment of him, have become abusive about his performances and I am suggesting that is not the way to go.

Garcia does throw up a lot of questions.
I presumed if he played quite regularly then we would get a better deal when his contract expired. A bit like Sancho. But someone threw cold water on this. It’s apparently not the same.

That raises other questions.
Are we using him to cover whilst other players are recovering?

This could well be one of the reasons. Stones looks fit and we would want to keep him that way. Ake should be on his way back but needs to learn where to be, position wise when we play out from the back. And more importantly where his next pass should go without hesitation.

Are we making a point to others coming through the ranks?

This could also be a reason to play him. When/ if he goes that will make two highly rated prospects to leave.
Playing him could remove any doubt from the minds of the next generation about making the team And also put a stop to teams coming in and getting their hands on quality players on the cheap.

Are we playing him in the hope he has a last minute change of heart?

We may well be. He’s going to be worth a lot of money one day. And if he signs a new deal. It will be going in the club’s pocket if he wants to move or we want him to move on.

I don’t know the answers. But I would guess that the club are remaining professional because in one way or another it’s beneficial to us.

Agree joe , we should have took the £15m Barca offered and cut our losses , we have Ake , Stones ,Bellis even Walker can play in a back three, i do rate Garcia as a player and would walk into most Premier league sides , but his actions regarding his contract have diminished any respect i had for him , good riddance.
Good riddance to any player who says they want out I say.

for me pep is going to trying and build a squad and team for the future like from next season ?

the foundation is built and there is enough younger players already in or around the squad. the main player will be phil foden ? from what we have seen this season pep is going to keep him in and out this season and then next season give him a first team place every week

this season for pep will be a build and get the team to gel and if we can win silverware than great but the main job is that build. we are short in strikers and maybe a left back. so the board would have a plan in place. even in the jan window we could take a gamble and go for the main striker if he comes on the market

so pep this season will know his plans and if city do get a striker in jan then we will go strong in both the title and champions league this season ? but next season city and pep are looking to be breaking all the records we set in thefourmidables and 100 points season

Please read the original post. I may be odious, to you, but I never did worry about the opinions of people who I haven't met. By the way, you want an apostrophe and an e so that your sentence reads 'you're the idiot'.
You are obviously intellectually challenged and quite preturbed when you inane witterings are challenged , you maybe happy in your weird little world that players can run their contracts down with no repercussions , but as supporter of the football club i find Garcia's like other players since the days of Daniel Sturridge are unacceptable.
If the club ran there business with how you appear to approve , with players leaving for free after years of investment and then replacing players paying a fair market price , we wouldnt have a football club left
Sheik Mansour might be worth billions , but he also wants a self sufficient football club and players like Garcia leaving for free only reduces are own transfer pot to buy players like Haaland and others
Now you have have had your lesson , i suggest you move on and reply to other posters who have the patience to deal wtith your foolishness.

You are obviously intellectually challenged and quite preturbed when you inane witterings are challenged , you maybe happy in your weird little world that players can run their contracts down with no repercussions , but as supporter of the football club i find Garcia's like other players since the days of Daniel Sturridge are unacceptable.
If the club ran there business with how you appear to approve , with players leaving for free after years of investment and then replacing players paying a fair market price , we wouldnt have a football club left
Sheik Mansour might be worth billions , but he also wants a self sufficient football club and players like Garcia leaving for free only reduces are own transfer pot to buy players like Haaland and others
Now you have have had your lesson , i suggest you move on and reply to other posters who have the patience to deal wtith your foolishness.

You assume I am happy about a player leaving with no income received; of course, I am not happy but it is his right, just as ours is to refuse offers for him and allow him to see out his contract. In business, you have to accept that you operate in a globally competitive market and that players will seek alternatives, for a variety of reasons, one simply being that they do not have the loyalty that a local fan does. Other clubs also have an issue with us poaching the youth players that they have invested in for years so we cannot complain when it very occasionally happens to us.
One player's departure in this way does not affect the whole business model. It is also our job to persuade the player that he would be a fool to look elsewhere, that he has a chance to build a wonderful career at our club with the best facilities and coaching that can be achieved.
I am not perturbed - you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to challenge it, especially if you have misread what I have said, as you have.

You assume I am happy about a player leaving with no income received; of course, I am not happy but it is his right, just as ours is to refuse offers for him and allow him to see out his contract. In business, you have to accept that you operate in a globally competitive market and that players will seek alternatives, for a variety of reasons, one simply being that they do not have the loyalty that a local fan does. Other clubs also have an issue with us poaching the youth players that they have invested in for years so we cannot complain when it very occasionally happens to us.
One player's departure in this way does not affect the whole business model. It is also our job to persuade the player that he would be a fool to look elsewhere, that he has a chance to build a wonderful career at our club with the best facilities and coaching that can be achieved.
I am not perturbed - you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to challenge it, especially if you have misread what I have said, as you have.

Barca are not poaching a youth player , they are poaching a full Spanish international player probably worth £35-40m on the open market , i am not misreading your comments but challenging the fact your original post appears to condone and accept Garcia's conduct. Whether you "like" it or not his conduct after years of time and investment is reprehensible
Its a free world he can do what he wants , and everything is rosey in the garden and these thing happen , may be OK for a laid back , rational adult you claim to be , but as a passionate and "emotional" , "childish" supporter , i have previously stated if we continue to lose our top class young players for free we will not have a competitive football club
Perhaps if you had not have started the basic insults of being childish and emotional we could have had a sensible debate , instead of your poor attempts at point scoring.

I’m not a fan of Garcia but I trust Pep’s decision making. I would hazard a guess that when we didn’t sell him in the summer Pep has said “if you carry on being professional in training I will give you game time”. Remember Garcia has matea in the squad and Pep is sending a message to them all that he is a man of his word.

I have no desire to insert myself in the personal exchanges on the Garcia subject. But as blues, we have to be balanced here, we have persuaded numerous young players, Garcia included, to leave clubs who nurtured them and join us. If someone succeeds in doing it back to us, it is just the cut and thrust of football. Dortmund will be thrilled with how Sancho turned out, Schalke less so with Matondo, we will have to wait and see with Barça and Garcia.

Barca are not poaching a youth player , they are poaching a full Spanish international player probably worth £35-40m on the open market , i am not misreading your comments but challenging the fact your original post appears to condone and accept Garcia's conduct. Whether you "like" it or not his conduct after years of time and investment is reprehensible
Its a free world he can do what he wants , and everything is rosey in the garden and these thing happen , may be OK for a laid back , rational adult you claim to be , but as a passionate and "emotional" , "childish" supporter , i have previously stated if we continue to lose our top class young players for free we will not have a competitive football club
Perhaps if you had not have started the basic insults of being childish and emotional we could have had a sensible debate , instead of your poor attempts at point scoring.
Fair point. Let's rewind.
I don't condone it, I just accept that it is going to happen.
There is a very fine line then between letting the player know that you are disappointed but you will be professional, and punishing the player by removing him from the squad and leaving him to languish to make a point. I understand that fans get emotional about this issue and, in some cases, advocate the latter. The danger is that the player then becomes the catalyst for media outrage, painting a picture of us punishing a young lad for simply following his heart. This can then make other young players think twice. It is a fine line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.