Pep sending a message?

I have no desire to insert myself in the personal exchanges on the Garcia subject. But as blues, we have to be balanced here, we have persuaded numerous young players, Garcia included, to leave clubs who nurtured them and join us. If someone succeeds in doing it back to us, it is just the cut and thrust of football. Dortmund will be thrilled with how Sancho turned out, Schalke less so with Matondo, we will have to wait and see with Barça and Garcia.

Exactly, like all football fans we see things through our own blue tinted prism and so when a player runs down his contract to leave, its infuriating, but as you quite rightly pointed out we have plucked players from other clubs and it is the swings and roundabouts of football.

Personally I wish we had taken the money, moved on and given the valuable game time to a player who wanted to forge a career here, and I think that is where most of the frustration comes from.

All players will do what is best for them personally and the fact we see legends like Silva, Kompany, Aguero, with no Initial affiliation to the club, spend the majority of the careers here suggests were clearly doing a lot of things right. Some players will see things differently and that is something you just have to accept.

Good riddance to any player who says they want out I say.

David Silva said he wanted out last summer. You weren't saying good riddance or complaining every time he played.

So it's not "any" player, is it? It's not actually about being committed, it's about whether you like a player or not.

Garcia hasn't done anything wrong, he didn't kick up a fuss to move, he's just not settled in England and decided to call it quits after a few years. Christ, with everything that's happened in 2020 I can't really believe people are pretending they don't understand why someone would want to move back home.

It's a shame for us, but when you play the game we do, poaching people like Garcia, Delap, Sancho at 16, sometimes they will not want to stay forever, especially when there's four senior centrebacks ahead of you worth £40m, £57m, £58m and £64m respectively.

Last edited:
David Silva said he wanted out last summer. You weren't saying good riddance or complaining every time he played.

So it's not "any" player, is it? It's not actually about being committed, it's about whether you like a player or not.

Garcia hasn't done anything wrong, he didn't kick up a fuss to move, he's just not settled in England and decided to call it quits after a few years. Christ, with everything that's happened in 2020 I can't really believe people are pretending they don't understand why someone would want to move back home.

It's a shame for us, but when you play the game we do, poaching people like Garcia, Delap, Sancho at 16, sometimes they will not want to stay forever, especially when there's four senior centrebacks ahead of you worth £40m, £57m, £58m and £64m respectively.
As good as Silva has been, (and he's been the best I've seen) if he had wanted to go(in his prime) then my affection towards him would have plummeted, as it did with Sane. Difference is with those two is Silva remained loyal for 10 years and will be forever revered a club legend. Sane couldn't wait to go back to Germany and will soon be forgotten as a City player.

Agree joe , we should have took the £15m Barca offered and cut our losses , we have Ake , Stones ,Bellis even Walker can play in a back three, i do rate Garcia as a player and would walk into most Premier league sides , but his actions regarding his contract have diminished any respect i had for him , good riddance.
Pity Barca didn't offer £15million then...

Agree..................................the Dippers winning the title in 2020 has been unbearable

Have I missed something? Sterling has started 13, subbed in twice and only missed out on 1 match all season, why was the question asked?
Journos looking for divided dressing room angle to attack Pep with now he's staying.

Have I missed something? Sterling has started 13, subbed in twice and only missed out on 1 match all season, why was the question asked?

Presumably because he didn't start the last 2 premier league games and Pep's been using his postmatch press conference to repeatedly say he needs to do better and score goals if he wants to play?

Shit stirring twats that need lies and scandal to print.

You're in a 12 page thread about how Pep's been sending a message to players - Sterling chief among them - with his remarks.

Why do you think journalists are not going to pick up on those comments as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.