Pep sending a message?

If that's the case I expect another hat trick from FFS next week and 2 from Gundog.

:)

There were reports last week that City would listen to offers for quite a few players because Guardiola knows the squad need to go through a “recycling process”. Think it was Ballague so I was sceptical, but maybe there was more to it than first thought. As mentioned in the Guardiola thread, it’s good to see him talking like this. The squad needed a collective kick up the arse. Felt like complacency had set in a bit.

Looks like Bernardo, Foden, Laporte, Zinchenco along with Sterling recently have been taking it easy in training sessions.

There were reports last week that City would listen to offers for quite a few players because Guardiola knows the squad need to go through a “recycling process”. Think it was Ballague so I was sceptical, but maybe there was more to it than first thought. As mentioned in the Guardiola thread, it’s good to see him talking like this. The squad needed a collective kick up the arse. Felt like complacency had set in a bit.

It's one thing Ferguson's did no matter who they were, if they dropped off or crossed him they were gone. I think a few have become comfortable, Bernardo for one. If you scouted him now you wouldn't put a bid in for him. I think Laporte on the bench sends out a message too. He hasn't been great since he came back from injury, if Stones at last regains the form we know he has and stays fit it's a nice problem to have. I notice Dias was hooked after giving the ball away unnecessarily a few times on Saturday.

The players are priveleged to be at this club and aside from the weather there are few better places to be. Shape up or ship out.

I read this earlier and immediately my mind went to this being directed towards sterling for some reason. Don’t know if it is or if anything has gone on with any of the players in training for pep to say this but I like that from Pep. Some of them need a bit of a reality check and their preferential treatment stopped, past performances don’t give you credit in the bank anymore, perform or get used to the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.