Pep sending a message?

How can you make that a negative?? We were 4 or 5 nil up, and we managed to rest a key player for 20 mins!! I really can’t believe this forum sometimes, it appears people will be negative at any and every opportunity
I get taking a player off to rest someone, it's who came on I have the issue with. Not going to go over old ground again with the Garcia debate but with 7 subs I'd like to see one youngster on the bench every week and an opportunity to get some minutes.

@Mike Cledford

I watched it on BT and didn't see him come on, he just appeared, like the second coming of Franco Baresi.

A powerful message and hopefully he will back it up with his team selections and maybe electing to use the youngsters more

There were reports last week that City would listen to offers for quite a few players because Guardiola knows the squad need to go through a “recycling process”. Think it was Ballague so I was sceptical, but maybe there was more to it than first thought. As mentioned in the Guardiola thread, it’s good to see him talking like this. The squad needed a collective kick up the arse. Felt like complacency had set in a bit.
i personally would be happy to see one,or two moved on whilst we can get decent money for them.

I think complacency definitely played a part in our drop off.

I hate referring to the Rags in any capacity.

Red Nose was a master at moving on players at the right time.Soon as he saw a player was becoming bigger than the team,he didn't give a fuck,they were gone.Sure it raised a few eye brows,but he was a ruthless fucker.

So when proved to have been right he was still wrong to do it ?
No

Im saying what Pep has said previous about people being picked on performances clearly wasnt the case vs Burnely - Mahrez has been absolutely awful this season yet was picked and foden scored the winner in the champs league and was benched.
Mendy has been woeful this season whereas Cancello has been playing better yet Mendy played...

Now there may have been other reasons (leigt) to play those players or not play the other ones but its disingenous to say its based on performances prior to the Burnley game as both players had been woeful (esp Mahrez) this season.

Both had better games than normal

This is refreshing to hear. Someone like Bernardo for example needs about a month or so out of the team to get himself sorted then see if he can come back hopefully refreshed and back to form.

Under Pep's rotation system every player seems to play every other game, so where is the incentive to play well? Whether you have an absolute stormer or the worst game of your life you know you're automatically gonna be out of the team the next game and back in it the game after. Unless you're KDB or Walker. Or Ederson. It not only makes players complacent it makes it hard for players who have had a good game to build up any sort of momentum.

You seem to have the right idea now Pep, pick players in form. Not just rotating the same 3 or 4 in and out every other game for the sheer hell of it.
I thought Bernado was destined to be one of the greatest players on Earth after that first season.

Strange game football.

Sounds like a stern message from the top. No more nonsense. We are at our best when we are ruthless. Pep included. This is a sound warning before the champions league kicks off - dont waste chances and dont make silly mistakes.

I get taking a player off to rest someone, it's who came on I have the issue with. Not going to go over old ground again with the Garcia debate but with 7 subs I'd like to see one youngster on the bench every week and an opportunity to get some minutes.

@Mike Cledford

I watched it on BT and didn't see him come on, he just appeared, like the second coming of Franco Baresi.
Glad it wasn't just me.
But when the commentators fail to see the skill in some of our goals it is little wonder they miss a substitution.

He is saying this for a reason of course. But if you think Pep will suddenly drop anyone who has a bad game I think you're wrong. He clearly knows who responds to what, and I suspect his message is for the likes of Sterling, Bernardo and Foden, to keep them hungry. But one of the things Pep does well is manage them individually. What we've seen with Mahrez this season we saw with Sterling last season, and I think maybe the one before too: he lets certain players play themselves back into form and confidence if he thinks that's what they need. He's tried it a few times with Bernardo too. With others, he holds them back and lets them build confidence slowly in low pressure situations, like he's just done with Stones.

He's a clever people manager who treats them as individuals and looks at the bigger picture which is why players hardly ever complain about him publicly. He still has my 100% trust.

Good to see him getting tough.

We need to have the mentality that the league title belongs to us. We lost it last season but we can't afford two in a row where we don't challenge. Top of the league is 21pts from 30. That's piss poor compared to previous campaigns. We have the best squad and need to make sure we fight in every game and make the most of our resources. If we can win 10-12 in a row it's one hand on the title this season in my opinion.

We'll be 3pts off top if we win our game in hand despite being dross and failing to win half of our games. Go and win 10 in a row and we'll be clear by some margin by the end of Jan.

Pep sent a message with his Wenger type coat against Burnley, what's it all about Alfie?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.