Pep sending a message?

The message he really needs to send is to players who played well. Stones for example. Don’t drop him next game.

For me, if we beat a team 5-0 then I don’t expect too many changes the week after.

The message he really needs to send is to players who played well. Stones for example. Don’t drop him next game.

For me, if we beat a team 5-0 then I don’t expect too many changes the week after.
I wouldn't disagree with that but there is so much analysis done now on player recovery that a couple of the players may simply not be ready, especially with the plethora of games in the early part of this season. That apart, I agree with the premise that changing a winning team is negative unless somebody has trained badly or done something to disrupt the club.

You are entitled to your opinion and, of course, I disagree that there is a bias because of his nationality. He is recognised as a fine young centre back who has been recognised at Barcelona, here and throughout the age groups of the Spanish national side; it is also why we bought him. When he leaves, I will wish him well. I won't be disappointed as I look forward to THB and Mbete's progress.

This is the issue surely . Many don't think he justifies a place in the team or squad at the expense of the young players waiting for their chance.

I don't rate Garcia and the sooner he leaves the better so that Pep cannot be tempted to play him .

"He [Stones] was so concentrated on not making mistakes. What we're looking for from the back four is “don’t make mistakes”. The guys who help me, help the team, have more chance to play. The other ones? They have to wait for this opportunity."

This is the issue surely . Many don't think he justifies a place in the team or squad at the expense of the young players waiting for their chance.

I don't rate Garcia and the sooner he leaves the better so that Pep cannot be tempted to play him .
He was selected as being ahead of those players at the start of the season though and sour grapes do not protect our reputation as fine developers of young players. Though I would prefer to see THB and Mbete, I speak as a fan and it is important that he goes with a good feeling. We mainly play the long game.

You are entitled to your opinion and, of course, I disagree that there is a bias because of his nationality. He is recognised as a fine young centre back who has been recognised at Barcelona, here and throughout the age groups of the Spanish national side; it is also why we bought him. When he leaves, I will wish him well. I won't be disappointed as I look forward to THB and Mbete's progress.

'Fine' ?

I really need to see how that definition fits Garcia's acheivements so far in his career.

Man that Laporte mistake vs Spurs seems to have really pissed him...

He was selected as being ahead of those players at the start of the season though and sour grapes do not protect our reputation as fine developers of young players. Though I would prefer to see THB and Mbete, I speak as a fan and it is important that he goes with a good feeling. We mainly play the long game.

Don't think he can ever claim that he has been treated badly whilst at City.

He would have been dropped by other clubs for his statement of intent regarding his contract. I would like to think that Pep has only played him due to injuries etc , but I don't actually believe that is the case. Garcia is lucky imo to be getting a place in the team or even on the bench now that our senior defenders are fit.

The young players should be getting the place taken by Garcia .

'Fine' ?

I really need to see how that definition fits Garcia's acheivements so far in his career.
He is a U17 European cup winner with Spain; a U17 World Cup runner up with Spain and a U19 World Cup winner with Spain. He received his first full international call up in August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.