Pep's contract situation

He also said this today, which I have long maintained he would eventually do:

Pep Guardiola: 'Quan sigui gran m'agradaria tornar al Barça per entrenar el planter'

When I get older, I would like to return to Barcelona to train the youth teams
It is much more likely right now to train the MC academy first than the FCB academy. That interview refers to a very long-term desire.
Right now Pep is just as happy or more than when he was training Barça. It has an almost unbeatable environment and can do things that here in Catalunya could not do.
Today they have interviewed Silvia Tremoleda (nutritionist of the MC and personal friend of Pep) and can be seen as a perfectionist is Guardiola and could not do it in FCB.

Can't knock him. It's his home town club.

If he stays till 2021 then I'll be happy with that, but greedy me would like a bit more!! :)

I'm sure most feel this way, even many Bayern fans. But it's true, he's not only Catalan but blaugrana through & through, he was always going to return - just a question of when & in what capacity. Unlike youth levels at other clubs, Pep has actually come through La Masia so only natural that he'd return to his roots both in terms of playing & coaching.

The issue at the club has more to do with the board and these change every 4-6 years, a Cruyffist board is not far down the line and will be accompanied by many of the former players like Puyol, Xavi, Pique et al

I'm sure most feel this way, even many Bayern fans. But it's true, he's not only Catalan but blaugrana through & through, he was always going to return - just a question of when & in what capacity. Unlike youth levels at other clubs, Pep has actually come through La Masia so only natural that he'd return to his roots both in terms of playing & coaching.

The issue at the club has more to do with the board and these change every 4-6 years, a Cruyffist board is not far down the line and will be accompanied by many of the former players like Puyol, Xavi, Pique et al

Somehow I can't imagine Pep in a role at a top club which isn't the big boss. Not after Barca, Bayern and City.
I could see him leaving football and going into politics. He'd relish that kind of challenge, something completely different.

I doubt politics, even when Catalunya eventually becomes an independent nation - he is a teacher and has often talked about his joy working with kids ala Cruyff

I'd say he'd like to become a plumber.

You know. At home. At one with nature. (Do plumbs even grow there?)

Managing a youth team would be for when he feels he no longer has what it takes to manage a senior team, otherwise, the quite obvious competitive passion he shows, & desire to be the best, would have nowhere to go & he'd end up kicking the cat around. That's retirement, in a way.

To manage a national team would be close to impossible in the forseeable future, I imagine, unless he went back on his statement about managing outside his own country. Or unless Spain splits up.

So the biggest question would be, whether he goes to another club after his City contract runs down, 'retires' or stays here.

Would be difficult to get the same environment, at another club.

He also said this today, which I have long maintained he would eventually do:

Pep Guardiola: 'Quan sigui gran m'agradaria tornar al Barça per entrenar el planter'

When I get older, I would like to return to Barcelona to train the youth teams
Pep on returning to Barcelona: "As a coach, it's over [at Barça], because I am not the same, nor do they even look at me in the same way. President? No, I am a coach and I am good at what I do, you can't be everything. When I stop coaching, you will find me playing golf."

Pep on returning to Barcelona: "As a coach, it's over [at Barça], because I am not the same, nor do they even look at me in the same way. President? No, I am a coach and I am good at what I do, you can't be everything. When I stop coaching, you will find me playing golf."

Context senorita, he was talking about first team coach and this has never been up for debate. Youth teams, however, different story

Context senorita, he was talking about first team coach and this has never been up for debate. Youth teams, however, different story
So far I think your track record of predicting what Pep is going to do has not been that impressive. Time will tell, but perhaps he has other ideas in mind than we all think here. How about taking a step upstairs in the CFG and become the coach of the (youth) coaches? He could probably even do that based in Girona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.