Pep's contract situation

When Khaldoon talks about the relationship with Pep going on for years, he is not neccessarily talking about City. Pep's record is to move on before he gets stale. We know he is interested in different cultures. So, how about chief coach to CFG, travelling the world and inculcating his philosophy throughout the whole group?

We won the title before Pep and we'll win it again after Pep, that's the long and the short of it.

"The people around him, the team we have in place today, the relationships I have with them, this is really an environment that's conducive to success for both him and everyone involved in this organisation. So I'm very satisfied with his commitment and our commitment to him and I'm looking forward to the continuity of this for years to come.

People need to be less attached, it’s not about having the guys ear, it’s about understanding his methods.... he won’t be staying beyond his contract!

Extrapolating from his....2 other jobs is an exercise in futility as he's said a million times this job is completely different, much less pressured, he's surrounded by friends. He's not got the hometown pressure and constant backstabbing politics and elections of Barcelona, nor the behind the scenes meddling of Bayern Munich.

People said there was no chance he'd sign for us because he went to "historic" clubs. Then he signed for us and they said he'll never stay past 4 seasons because he just doesn't do that, and then he extended to 5 years here.

He left Barcelona because he didn't want to tear down and rebuild the team he'd taken so far and had given so much to him. He might fancy taking on that challenge in this different, easier, environment. Klopp and potentially a resurgent Mourinho might offer him a level of competition he doesn't want to walk away from because he's a born competitor.

I said when he joined that I thought the upper limit was 8 years, the same length of time Cruyff spent at Barcelona. I still think that's the case.

Khaldoon's comment is clearly about working together, not being friends.

I'd say an extension is more likely than not after recent comments and activity. I know we like to wear a hair shirt and cilice and expect the worst though.
Keep hearing "Pep's record" "Pep's record". He's been at 3 clubs, one being ours which he is happy at.

Last edited:
Extrapolating from his....2 other jobs is an exercise in futility as he's said a million times this job is completely different, much less pressured, he's surrounded by friends. He's not got the hometown pressure and constant backstabbing politics and elections of Barcelona, nor the behind the scenes meddling of Bayern Munich.

People said there was no chance he'd sign for us because he went to "historic" clubs. Then he signed for us and they said he'll never stay past 4 seasons because he just doesn't do that, and then he extended to 5 years here.

He left Barcelona because he didn't want to tear down and rebuild the team he'd taken so far and had given so much to him. He might fancy taking on that challenge in this different, easier, environment. Klopp and potentially a resurgent Mourinho might offer him a level of competition he doesn't want to walk away from because he's a born competitor.

I said when he joined that I thought the upper limit was 8 years, the same length of time Cruyff spent at Barcelona. I still think that's the case.

Khaldoon's comment is clearly about working together, not being friends.
Most said he wouldn't stay past two seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.