Pep's contract situation

Slump? Second in the league and in the quarters of the league cup and topped the group to progress to the knockout stages of the champions league.
Yeah as you say a massive slump.

We'll more than likely be joint third in the league tomorrow and eleven points off the top with no sign whatsoever of improving.

We also qualified in a piss easy group with the latest two performances being generally shit so I'm not really counting that as an achievement.

And shame on you throwing the towel in when we've hit a bit of a rocky patch.
Maybe supporting us isn't for you yeah?

Erm, okay?

Pochettino has just been sacked after building the best Spurs team in my lifetime and taking them to a Champions League final. Ranieri was sacked less than twelve months after taking Leicester to the Premier League title. Mourinho got the sack despite saving united from relegation.

It's all about whether or not you can see us getting pulled out of what is undeniably a massive slump rather than focusing on previous achievements.

Literally any other manager in the world would be getting serious questions asked of them at this point. Considering the fact that we haven't come close to improving on the many issues underlying the performances this season, there's only so much time his reputation is going to buy him.
In Pep’s first season we played like this. We had ageing players and some deadwood and he rejuvenated the side and he built an incredible team for 2017-18 and 2018-19 where we won 6 trophies, including two Premier League titles and broke records galore.

I think that alone (never mind his reputation) buys him more than enough time to build another great team this Summer coming for the seasons ahead.

Like when Yaya and Zaba were coming to their end; Kolarov, Clichy and Sagna needed replacing; and the likes of Nolito and Nasri weren’t doing the business. He built that 2017-18 and 2018-19 side.

Now Kompany has gone; Kun, Silva, Otamendi and Fernandinho are coming to their end; and we have problems with Mendy, Gundo, Rodri, Mahrez and Jesus not doing the business. Let’s see if he can build a team for the coming years!

It doesn’t always work in a successive flow. Keeping a good side a good side is one thing, maintaining the elite quality we’ve had for two years is another. With Liverpool being at the quality they are, it skews the demands on the team. In years gone by no teams have been as good as ours in the last two years and this Liverpool team. Us two are English football one-offs.

Ferguson had seasons where United dipped but then he rebuilt and went again but as good as some of his sides were or some of the Arsenal and Chelsea aides he faced, none of them are as good as we’ve been in the last two years or this Liverpool side.

peps bayern team burnt out and he needed a fresh start at city and some of the players look like they have burnt out, pep shouldent stay longer if the team has lost it's hunger

In Pep’s first season we played like this. We had ageing players and some deadwood and he rejuvenated the side and he built an incredible team for 2017-18 and 2018-19 where we won 6 trophies, including two Premier League titles and broke records galore.

I think that alone (never mind his reputation) buys him more than enough time to build another great team this Summer coming for the seasons ahead.

Like when Yaya and Zaba were coming to their end; Kolarov, Clichy and Sagna needed replacing; and the likes of Nolito and Nasri weren’t doing the business. He built that 2017-18 and 2018-19 side.

Now Kompany has gone; Kun, Silva, Otamendi and Fernandinho are coming to their end; and we have problems with Mendy, Gundo, Rodri, Mahrez and Jesus not doing the business. Let’s see if he can build a team for the coming years!
we shouldnt be rebuilding a team every 3 years though. its not sustainable

Threads like this attract some right fucking whoppers, especially after a defeat and they think they can smell blood in the water.....

Even Pep is now sounding defeatist in his post match comments, sort of accepting poor performances now but still not criticising. If we win nothing this year, this will be his last season.

I don't think we will win anything this year........just a gut feeling. The players are not playing with the same intensity, which isn't suprising considering what they won last year, but may also suggest they are not responding to Pep's motivational skills. Now I'm not bothered if we win nowt this year and certainly wouldn't want Pep sacked. However I wouldn't be shocked if he resigned,maybe feeling he's taken the team as far as he can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.