Pep's contract situation

I hope pep changes his tactics with the inverted wingers, he's making the job very easy for the opposition far to often. Packed defence's who can defend narrow because we have virtually no width. Everyone is running into traffic or trying to play balls into feet, through the eye of a needle, we need to start creating space by moving defenders around again and pulling the full backs away from the centre backs creates space. I find it so frustrating to watch, I just don't like it one bit.

Is he developing youth enough? Huge fees on Ake or Torres yet just Foden in the team. Which one entertained Icelandic ladies in a hotel despite having a girl and baby at home?
Let's not pretend you give a fuck about youth development. If overplaying Torres ruins his development it's not like you would show a morsel of regret, remorse or re-evaluate your judgement. People like you will just pass the buck onto someone else, probably Pep again, while latching on to the new shiny toy and demanding why you can't play with it. You don't work with the player daily, you don't know the guy's family or friends. Pep does. You have no absolutely no connection to the person behind the player, besides the fact that he plays for City, so let's drop the charade that for some reason you're leading the crusade for youth development or that you give a fuck about the player's career.

Also imagine including Ake in this list when the guy's literally been injured.

Last edited:
Great. We won't win anything at present, the way they are playing for him.
The whole 'weve got Guardiola' thing I thought licked his arse too much. I wonder if Bayern fans thought that? We as a club still seem starstruck with him. I'm sorry, we shouldn't be like that. If it'd not working with him, get him out. He's been great, but it's time to change.

You do realise his team selection would be very different if we didn’t have so many injuries. To some extent we are a victim of our own success - so many games. Some fans are very intolerant & have very short memories

We have played some outrageously good football under Pep and let’s be frank 20-30 years ago this would have been a dream!! However, he has spent millions on players without ever having a plan B, the football is now getting boring and football evolves which I don’t think he does well!! All good things come to an end and there are a number of factors that I think both he an the club should agree to get someone new next season for the good of both!!

Deluded about everything but walker being in good form mate. Rodri passes the majority of the time sideways and backwards not hard to have stats based on easy safe balls that don’t hurt the opponent. Cancelo can’t defend.

You clearly don't even know what the word deluded means, given that most of what I posted was fact.

They aren't. Rodri had the best pass completion stats in the league that season and in the role he plays in a Pep side that is really important and certainly isn't average.

Cancelo is right back for Portugal, currently one of the best national teams in the World. His technical ability and speed is not average: it is well above that. He's a player who took time to settle then was injured at the start of the season and is a right back who has Kyle Walker in front of him and is a player who is perhaps in the best form of his life.
Most of Rodri's passing are 3 or 4 yard passes. He neither helps our attack nor protect our defence.

Fernandinho is/was far superior.

Cancello is average.

If pep goes at the end of the season, he goes,we achieve what we manage to, and judge his time here howevee we want to on that.

If however he is pushed out early, that is one genie that can't be put back in the bottle. No manager will then stand a chance, or be given time to turn things round, uf the guy that won the sweep and broke loads of records doesnt get that time (in a season with covid, var, no preseason, injuries). Bigger pocture than this season, i still can't understand the calls for his head 5 games in.
Not a chance pep will be sacked . If he goes early it will be because he has enough and walks away . We will not go down the route of getting rid of managers for the sake of it because if we did then pep would have gone after we he Lyon game .

You do realise his team selection would be very different if we didn’t have so many injuries. To some extent we are a victim of our own success - so many games. Some fans are very intolerant & have very short memories

We will always have injuries while peps here don’t think we have had one season while he has been here where we had a fully fit squad for at least half season.

We will always have injuries while peps here don’t think we have had one season while he has been here where we had a fully fit squad for at least half season.

Possibly a correlation between Pep, number of trophies & injuries. Guess we could have rested players in some tournaments as dippers do - & had fewer injuries but fewer trophies of course.

success such as we’ve had comes with tiredness & injuries

Possibly a correlation between Pep, number of trophies & injuries. Guess we could have rested players in some tournaments as dippers do - & had fewer injuries but fewer trophies of course.

success such as we’ve had comes with tiredness & injuries

Agree he works them hard but you want to be the best you have to work your bollocks of and why Pep needs to play more youth players or the young players who have more energy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.