Pep's contract situation

Yeah things are not going perfectly well at the minute, and Pep has to take some responsibility for that, but if any manager in our history has the reputation, historical success and done enough during his time at City, the opportunity to put things right its this man.

8/9 games wont change the fact we have one of the top, if not the top, coach in the world. If I had to back one man to turn it around
it’s this man.

Shows how fickle some people can be, knocking the bloke after lauding him so much over the last couple of years.

This year has been shit in more ways than one and I will be forgetting it ever happened as soon as possible ..... it’s just .... shit

We are fighting for Top 4 which is embarrassing with the amount we have spent and the players we have, either they are burnt out or just not got the stomach for the fight.

If we can see it, I’m sure Pep can see it. He will know at the minute he hasn’t got the players to play the same system that won us the titles and he has tweaked it to try and accommodate for it. The problem is those tweaks aren’t working either - they’ve stifled the variety in our attacking play and created space that opponents can exploit on the counter attack. Not only are there those system issues, we’ve a few players seriously out of form too.

It is a tough one though as the double whammy of losing a prime Fernandinho and Silva means we can’t get the midfield set up we did, which also allowed for the width on the wings we used to have. Personally, I’d like to see him shore up the midfield and put that width back in.

Yeah things are not going perfectly well at the minute, and Pep has to take some responsibility for that, but if any manager in our history has the reputation, historical success and done enough during his time at City, the opportunity to put things right its this man.

8/9 games wont change the fact we have one of the top, if not the top, coach in the world. If I had to back one man to turn it around
it’s this man.

Shows how fickle some people can be, knocking the bloke after lauding him so much over the last couple of years.
It’s not just ‘at the minute’ or ‘8/9 games’ is it though. It’s an 18 month decline and if you can’t or won’t accept that then I can’t help you.
It’s not ‘fickle’ to question such a disturbing and drastic fall in standards. The man himself says to ignore his achievements

it’s this man.

I wish United had been this fickle the first time Ferguson failed to win a PL title after he won the 1st couple, it would have saved us a couple decades of disdain.

I wish United had been this fickle the first time Ferguson failed to win a PL title after he won the 1st couple, it would have saved us a couple decades of disdain.
Why should a manager be above criticism ? We are not fickle we are trying to get to the bottom of an 18 month decline , there isnt a manager out there i would rather have than Pep but the last year or so has been below his very high standards
We're concerned not f*cking fickle , if we were fickle i would have given up in the 1970's.

It’s not just ‘at the minute’ or ‘8/9 games’ is it though. It’s an 18 month decline and if you can’t or won’t accept that then I can’t help you.
It’s not ‘fickle’ to question such a disturbing and drastic fall in standards. The man himself says to ignore his achievements

You can question all you want, that is the purpose of a forum, but some of the comments smack of fickleness unless you genuinely think the guy does not have a clue, he is yesterdays manager and the other nonsense posted on here.

As for an 18 mth decline, 18 mths ago I was on a cruise still celebrating a glorious treble, clinched a Month earlier, so no you cant help me with that timeline of events. If anything Norwich could be argued was the start 14/09/2019, but that has not been a linear fall off with many cracking performance in the interim, plus 104 goals last season.

There has been a decline, to finishing second and winning a cup (last year), so yes for me he deserves a chance to resolve the issues, as he did only 3 years previously to set up those two glorious years in our history.

Pep is a strategic coach.

He took Aguero to London so Aguero can watch the game from close while confusing the opposition into thinking he might play Aguero but we all knew when he declared the starting eleven Aguero was there only observation to prepare him for the big game.

We have almost a Cup Final next week against Burnley. Pep knows losing to other relegation candidates is not really something we can afford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.