Pep's contract situation

Yeah things are not going perfectly well at the minute, and Pep has to take some responsibility for that, but if any manager in our history has the reputation, historical success and done enough during his time at City, the opportunity to put things right its this man.

8/9 games wont change the fact we have one of the top, if not the top, coach in the world. If I had to back one man to turn it around
it’s this man.

Shows how fickle some people can be, knocking the bloke after lauding him so much over the last couple of years.
In this game you are judged by recent results. Previous glory doesn't mean you won't crash and burn next year. Pep's traits of stubbornness and refusal to adapt will be his undoing and ours if he fails to learn that his masterpiece moves have been found out.

I wish United had been this fickle the first time Ferguson failed to win a PL title after he won the 1st couple, it would have saved us a couple decades of disdain.
They were chanting ferguson out in the platt lane during the 5-1. That was before his first trophy but he'd spent a fortune.

He certainly wouldn't have put up with a Mahrez, and I don't remember him playing wingers on the wrong wing all the time, City supporters have a right to be disappointed with what we are seeing, the squad are much better than the results and performance's. There's nothing fickle about commenting about what you see, it's clearly not good enough.

We are fighting for Top 4 which is embarrassing with the amount we have spent and the players we have, either they are burnt out or just not got the stomach for the fight.
It happens. Our players and manager are going through a rough patch. Every team needs a rebuild and new solutions every 4 years. I just hope that pep finds solutions and successfully guides us through the rebuild as he did in 2016. Pep has to take some tough decisions

After the decade we have enjoyed , i would be quite willing to win f*ck all finish outside the top four have 12-18 months rebuilding for another assault on the title and champs league (as long as the Rags win f*ck all as well :), not sure our owners would have the same patience though

As a City supporter 18 months to turn around our fortunes is absolutely fuck all , i believe in Pep but modern day football means you do not get 12-18 months , but Pep will be slaughtered if he doesnt win a trophy and finish top four.

Would love Pep to ram these words down my throat and we get our act together in the next few months , 100% behind him and he deserves that loyalty for the brilliant three seasons we have enjoyed.

I am a Pep fan and want the guy to do well. It goes without saying that the quality of football we've seen over his tenure has been the best football we've ever seen - not just us, but any fan of English football in all of it's history. He wants to create the greatest football team ever made and in the Fourmidables/Centurians he came closer than anyone else has ever done in England.

So, I should be pleased he's signed an extension but it feels non-committal if I'm honest. It's not a long extension and is hard to see how he can rebuild/tweak the team unless we're going to blow the finances apart. Or sign one of the best players in the world. That means in January and in summer we're going to stick 2 fingers right up at UEFA. If not, I don't know what we will do.

I can only assume that the board and Pep are certain that Messi is coming either in January or at the end of the season. It feels as if the the board and Pep have come to the conclusion that the only way we can win the CL is if Pep has Messi. It's that simple. I've seen enough of that rotten competition to know that you need luck, bribery, VAR to look the other way, a competent ref, decent fixtures before and after the game, and even more luck than a multiple national lottery winner. It just feels like the club are throwing the dice on Pep/Messi for 2 seasons. I don't think it will work.

The whole Messi thing is getting silly. He is obviously one of the best players in the world, but at 33 he will soon be retired. Does he have the determination to prove to everyone he can do it in England when he's never left Spain? We are making a huge gamble on a player who has little time left - and he will leave when Pep does. I would love to have seen him at City, but the energy and time we seem to spend on him is ridiculous. It's not like we're signing him when he's had a great send off at Barcelona - we're likely to be signing an unhappy player. I wish we could put the same effort into Haaland, Mbappe etc.

The club just feels listless at the moment, we're neither one thing or another. The manager signs for another couple of years, the team look tired and short of confidence and have little chance of winning the league this year. We look no better prepared to win the CL this year either, if anything we've gone backwards. We aren't learning and we've stopped progressing. This isn't supposed to happen but the league does not lie and we look like a collection of talented players with no idea on what to do.

Pep has been an OUTSTANDING manager and deserves all the praise he gets. But I do feel that it should have been a 4/5 year extension. If this year is a washout - as it's looking at the moment - then it is difficult to see how we become a 80+ points team next season. Given how much the club want the CL, we look no closer to winning it - or know what to do - than we did under Mancini all them years ago.

Pep probably knows, deep down, what to do and I simply don't believe he's really happy playing a right back at left back, picking a 33 year old injury prone striker, hoping his talismanic 35 year old central midfielder is ok etc. He knows what a top class player is like, he's seen plenty in his career and there's not a chance in hell he thinks our squad is good enough. I do think he will get it right again, but I wish he - and the club - had shown more intent and given him a much longer contract.

I am a Pep fan and want the guy to do well. It goes without saying that the quality of football we've seen over his tenure has been the best football we've ever seen - not just us, but any fan of English football in all of it's history. He wants to create the greatest football team ever made and in the Fourmidables/Centurians he came closer than anyone else has ever done in England.

So, I should be pleased he's signed an extension but it feels non-committal if I'm honest. It's not a long extension and is hard to see how he can rebuild/tweak the team unless we're going to blow the finances apart. Or sign one of the best players in the world. That means in January and in summer we're going to stick 2 fingers right up at UEFA. If not, I don't know what we will do.

I can only assume that the board and Pep are certain that Messi is coming either in January or at the end of the season. It feels as if the the board and Pep have come to the conclusion that the only way we can win the CL is if Pep has Messi. It's that simple. I've seen enough of that rotten competition to know that you need luck, bribery, VAR to look the other way, a competent ref, decent fixtures before and after the game, and even more luck than a multiple national lottery winner. It just feels like the club are throwing the dice on Pep/Messi for 2 seasons. I don't think it will work.

The whole Messi thing is getting silly. He is obviously one of the best players in the world, but at 33 he will soon be retired. Does he have the determination to prove to everyone he can do it in England when he's never left Spain? We are making a huge gamble on a player who has little time left - and he will leave when Pep does. I would love to have seen him at City, but the energy and time we seem to spend on him is ridiculous. It's not like we're signing him when he's had a great send off at Barcelona - we're likely to be signing an unhappy player. I wish we could put the same effort into Haaland, Mbappe etc.

The club just feels listless at the moment, we're neither one thing or another. The manager signs for another couple of years, the team look tired and short of confidence and have little chance of winning the league this year. We look no better prepared to win the CL this year either, if anything we've gone backwards. We aren't learning and we've stopped progressing. This isn't supposed to happen but the league does not lie and we look like a collection of talented players with no idea on what to do.

Pep has been an OUTSTANDING manager and deserves all the praise he gets. But I do feel that it should have been a 4/5 year extension. If this year is a washout - as it's looking at the moment - then it is difficult to see how we become a 80+ points team next season. Given how much the club want the CL, we look no closer to winning it - or know what to do - than we did under Mancini all them years ago.

Pep probably knows, deep down, what to do and I simply don't believe he's really happy playing a right back at left back, picking a 33 year old injury prone striker, hoping his talismanic 35 year old central midfielder is ok etc. He knows what a top class player is like, he's seen plenty in his career and there's not a chance in hell he thinks our squad is good enough. I do think he will get it right again, but I wish he - and the club - had shown more intent and given him a much longer contract.
I find this post to have been a good read tbh (even if I don't necessarily agree with it all), but to reassure you on the bolded, last season we had an absolute shocker of a season apparently, with a particularly ropey start after Laporte's injury 4 games in, and still finished with 81 points. In our terribly bad 1st season under Pep we got 78 points. I can't pretend to know if we'll match that or do any better but if our very low bar is somewhere around or near to 80 points it's likely that 80+ points in future years won't be an issue assuming even some small things change for the better.

Go on then, give us recent examples of successful teams with long serving managers. Because I can't think of any.

People might want a long term manager but we don't need one. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Edit: and Chelsea are the second most successful English club of the last decade after us.

The pisscan showed that it does work as did Wegner. In both cases our emergence had a major impact. If we provide the right support then why not have the right man in charge for decade's?

I don't understand this questioning of Messi, he wouldn't join if he didn't have the determination to do it, would he.
As for putting energy and time into Messi and negating the rest of the team, thats bollocks. Mbappe and Haaland wont be signing and its not because Txiki was incapable of picking the phone up.

The starting 11 that is being put out every week is by and large, all over the place. Pep is seemingly refusing to use his squad properly and that is on him.
Who's fault is it that Pep has to still be reliant on Aguero, Fernandinho and so on?

We are consistently making the same mistakes against the same teams every year. How much more money does Pep need to spend until we don't make the same mistakes every game?

Never mind his obession with decisions such as playing Mahrez who quite frankly has stunk the place out all season.

The players look as confused as he does and that is the biggest issue here. Every time the camera cuts to Pep he looks perplexed as to whats happening and that is scary. What is the excuse for that?

How many more times do we have to concede goals, cut to Pep sipping water and chatting to his assistants and then the same thing happens before it gets a bit tiresome?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.