Pep's contract situation

I'd take anything, but I don't really see the point of another 1-year extension. Commit to 3 years and be a top lad Pep.

If we get messi for next season yep if not he be off.

He was openly stating how happy is here, and that he loves the club, and that he is open to staying beyond his contract. Long before messi had decided he had enough but not quite enough at barca. And Pep continues to say it now, after the messi flutter has come to a conclusion. Would be a nice bonus convincer for sure but doubt it is in any way decisive.

It’s similar to what panned out in Barca and Bayern. They all felt he was going to extend but he didn’t. Granted this are different here, I believe that’s why he’s stayed longest at city. IMO if he was gonna extend he’d have done that before the season began.

Maybe some parallels in that, other that both knew more than 6 months in advance he was going to leave, and he did not claim to want to stay beyond.

I thought before the 'summer' he was nailed on to sign for longer. But both his and khaldoon's recent public claims suggest it isn't ond sided and entirely up to him. Either way, both seem comfortable and in no rush.

Maybe some parallels in that, other that both knew more than 6 months in advance he was going to leave, and he did not claim to want to stay beyond.

I thought before the 'summer' he was nailed on to sign for longer. But both his and khaldoon's recent public claims suggest it isn't ond sided and entirely up to him. Either way, both seem comfortable and in no rush.

Guardiola announced he was leaving Barcelona after Chelsea beat them in the CL and before that R. Madrid had beat them to go 9 points clear in the league with 4 games to go. He claimed he had informed the club 5 months earlier, however he did say he would need to deserve a new contract and it could be based on success this season, and intentions announced when the outcomes in the bigger competition are known like at Barca.

I would get Mick McCarthy in to instil a stakhanovite spirit in the club.

It's already a difficult season for him with so many injuries.... Future will tell the whole truth

I maybe being played here but for the moment I believe that Pep has left his extension unsigned because he is genuinely in doubt as to whether he still has the authority in the squad. There is no point in him extending his contract if the relationship between players and manager has gone.

Obviously this theory remains tenable for a limited time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.