Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Poch has won fck all, why would city ditch pep, there are some idiots on here.

I don't particularly want to entertain the "ditching" Pep nonsense because it's clear Pep will be here until the day he decides to leave, but I really can't wrap my head around why people keep shouting "Poch hasn't won anything" like it matters.

You are aware that our current director of football hired our current manager for the Barcelona job - the most high pressure and important job in the world to both of them - without him even having coached a senior side?

These people don't give a single fuck about how many trophies you've got on the mantlepiece. They care about how you manage a side, how you approach the game, and Guardiola has not just praised Pochettino, but gone to almost embarrassing lengths to say it's not just lip service or flattery, he genuinely thinks he's an outstanding manager.

When Pep decides to leave, Pochettino will be right at the top of any list of replacements.

I don't particularly want to entertain the "ditching" Pep nonsense because it's clear Pep will be here until the day he decides to leave, but I really can't wrap my head around why people keep shouting "Poch hasn't won anything" like it matters.

You are aware that our current director of football hired our current manager for the Barcelona job - the most high pressure and important job in the world to both of them - without him even having coached a senior side?

These people don't give a single fuck about how many trophies you've got on the mantlepiece. They care about how you manage a side, how you approach the game, and Guardiola has not just praised Pochettino, but gone to almost embarrassing lengths to say it's not just lip service or flattery, he genuinely thinks he's an outstanding manager.

When Pep decides to leave, Pochettino will be right at the top of any list of replacements.
Poch is NOT good enough for city. He took Spurs as far as he could take them. We are at a much higher level than they currently are. There’s no way he’s good enough. Plus, his man management is poor. My best friend is a season ticket holder at spurs, and the general feeling I’m told among spurs fans is, he’s taken that club as far as he could take them. And wasn’t good enough to take them where they aspired to be. So that be told, not good enough for us.

Pep not going anywhere for at least another season ,more than long enough for Pooch to still be trophyless by then .

Poch is NOT good enough for city. He took Spurs as far as he could take them. We are at a much higher level than they currently are. There’s no way he’s good enough. Plus, his man management is poor. My best friend is a season ticket holder at spurs, and the general feeling I’m told among spurs fans is, he’s taken that club as far as he could take them. And wasn’t good enough to take them where they aspired to be. So that be told, not good enough for us.

Firstly, that's got nothing to do with my point.

Secondly it doesn't even make sense. Pochettino took Spurs as far as he could, 3rd placed finish and CL final. He did it with a thin as shit squad and spending £29m net over 5 years. To declare so confidently that with the extra £495m net spend that City have had in the past 5 years he couldn't have done better is, frankly, stupid.

His man management was brilliant. He improved most of his players individually, and did what he had to do to keep a squad where his key players were being paid 1/2 what they were getting offered elsewhere. Sometimes that meant cutting people like Walker out, so the others would stay in line, but that's not a problem he'd have at a club that spends money.

Whether he ends up here or not, he'll get offers from all the top clubs who have managerial openings because he's shown his ability as a manager.

Pep blows smoke up every managers arse,pep had an extrodinary teacher,a vision and philosphy as well as having been brought up and playing to a high standard in his native country,that's why he was trusted with the barca job,a team he knew very well,i'm pretty sure we want to continue in our style from top to bottom and as close to the standard we have set as possible

Poch has none of the above,this is not a struggling side that we need to take a chance on a trophyless manager,i'm scared how people think poch would do,5yrs in the prem and not even a cup,saying he has prem experience sounds great till you see how often his team bottle it,he also shows zero ability to juggle 4 comps

Spurs have decent players,maureen will win them something

Pep blows smoke up every managers arse,pep had an extrodinary teacher,a vision and philosphy as well as having been brought up and playing to a high standard in his native country,that's why he was trusted with the barca job,a team he knew very well,i'm pretty sure we want to continue in our style from top to bottom and as close to the standard we have set as possible

Poch has none of the above,this is not a struggling side that we need to take a chance on a trophyless manager,i'm scared how people think poch would do,5yrs in the prem and not even a cup,saying he has prem experience sounds great till you see how often his team bottle it,he also shows zero ability to juggle 4 comps

Spurs have decent players,maureen will win them something
we need a manager who wins trophies ,get Mourinho ,on the trophy front he's the only one up there with pep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.