Pep's contract situation

Pep blows smoke up every managers arse,pep had an extrodinary teacher,a vision and philosphy as well as having been brought up and playing to a high standard in his native country,that's why he was trusted with the barca job,a team he knew very well,i'm pretty sure we want to continue in our style from top to bottom and as close to the standard we have set as possible

Poch has none of the above,this is not a struggling side that we need to take a chance on a trophyless manager,i'm scared how people think poch would do,5yrs in the prem and not even a cup,saying he has prem experience sounds great till you see how often his team bottle it,he also shows zero ability to juggle 4 comps

Spurs have decent players,maureen will win them something

Your problem Karen is that you're such a fanatic that you hate everyone who isn't at City, and then can't bring yourself to admit it's club bias. We've been through this with Kyle Walker already, who you slated for the entire length of time he was linked with us, only to do a complete 180 the minute he put on a City shirt.

Pretty much every single thing you wrote in that post is provably wrong. Pochettino has a clear philosophy, a genius of a teacher, played to the highest standard and it's really clear if you watch and listen to Pep talk about him, it's not just the usual flattery, he really rates him and details specifically why.

Calm down, dear

I will try to contain myself.

My point, for a bit of fun, was if the board rate Poch(which they may or may not do) and they really wanted him realistically they would need to get him this summer one way or the other and not hang on to decide if/when Guardiola decides to leave

The board doesn't rate Poch, that's the thing. Wherever Pep went in his career, he has won trophies. If not the league, then CL or cups. Poch spent five years at Tottenham ending up 3rd or 4th in the league every year, but winning jack shit, so if you're looking for a massive downgrade in terms of club ambitions Post-Pep, Poch is your guy. Luckily though for everyone here, you're not in the board room.

The club would want to continue on this path for the next decade, and only a few managers on the planet share (and are able to somewhat execute) on this football philosophy.
Mourinho, Poch, Emery, Allegri, Simeone – none of them play in the same league as Guardiola, and neither of them play the same way. I don't know who will eventually replace Pep, but I can bet it won't be any of those guys. I still believe the clubs long-term replacement will be Arteta. As long as he's able to put up being Peps sidekick, he will eventually replace him. Imagine how much he has learned speaking to him, reasoning with him and analyzing football with him over the years. Frankly I can't see a better fit than Arteta. I wouldn't want anyone else and I think he is key for the future.

This is a multi-billion pound corporation, not the cult of Pep. Forward planning is needed and if they’ve identified the guy they want(whoever that is) then they MIGHT decide to do things on the boards terms rather than the managers - I don’t think it’s a particularly controversial thing to say

Oh you don't say.

Poch is NOT good enough for city. He took Spurs as far as he could take them. We are at a much higher level than they currently are. There’s no way he’s good enough. Plus, his man management is poor. My best friend is a season ticket holder at spurs, and the general feeling I’m told among spurs fans is, he’s taken that club as far as he could take them. And wasn’t good enough to take them where they aspired to be. So that be told, not good enough for us.

What are you trying to say mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.