Pep's contract situation

Great to hear.

However he needs backing (in part this transfer window). We are desperate (or maybe it's just me) for two full backs who can play the way Pep wants. A centre half & defensive midfielder would be helpful too.

First season under Pep was always going to be transitional but we have the opportunity in January to do something. Hope we take it.

Great news, we will be making previous spending look like chump change based on what we need this summer

Start building for next year now, lets see what the youth can do for the next five months. the old guard have proved they are no longer up to the task so what can we lose
Totally agree with this.

So he should be,it's early days

If he can get players he wants and who can play his kind of game then we won't be seeing a shot a goal each game from the first oppo attack. Just check the kind of players he had at Barca and Bayern in the areas in which we are currently suffering. Neuer in goal, and some swarthy cut-throat specimens in the engine room! Somebody who will put the fear of shit up a ref who so much as thinks of a booking - just like a few of the PL teams I could mention.

Still maintain a fair bit of the legwork should have been done BEFORE he arrived - not after. Higher ups, I'm looking at you.

Gives me confidence because my only doubt was that we couldn't Achieve the level he wants within three years. It's a long process and I'll be chuffed if he stays on board.

If he can get players he wants and who can play his kind of game then we won't be seeing a shot a goal each game from the first oppo attack. Just check the kind of players he had at Barca and Bayern in the areas in which we are currently suffering. Neuer in goal, and some swarthy cut-throat specimens in the engine room! Somebody who will put the fear of shit up a ref who so much as thinks of a booking - just like a few of the PL teams I could mention.
Hahaha,I like the sound of this ..

Mind you are previous two managers signed contract extensions as well which didn't do them many favours other than a bigger payout when they were sacked/replaced.

Just as importantly TH is he being backed with people who know how to and will deliver on getting better quality replacements fit for purpose unlike the past 6 years.

Backing means giving him the best tools to get the best results possible and the current personnel as last summer shows are clearly not up to the job.

I don't agree with Marcotti often but his comments on the summer being a monumental stuff up which made it nigh impossible for us to improve on last years position are not far off the mark.

It's all subjective. Pep couldn't buy a new starting XI even if he and we knew it should be the case. So many players with just 12 months remaining and willing to sit tight (and why wouldn't they want to play under Pep?)

Marcotti, like most, are just Monday morning quarter-backing. Even Kolarov was playing like Baresi for the first two months of the season.

I assume you are asking about Txiki? I don't know the answer to that question.

Pep is angry, but in a good way. A bit like Mancini, he is slowly having his eyes opened to how difficult it is being involved with Man City.

Slightly OT perhaps, but I just ask the question: Is FFP even vaguely relevant any more? I mean can we spend £200m every window if we want/need to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.