Pep signs new deal until 2023!

vasan

Team supported
man city
It's not just pep but also the aguero situation which needs clarity.Just hope we are not doing something stupid, like waiting for messi and hence giving time for pep and aguero to make up their mind

Whether or not

Team supported
MCFC
We did have a striker on the bench though, he scored on his debut and hit the crossbar when substituted in the last game. Pep not starting a striker after Sterling's repeated failings at false 9 is his mistake. We can't have 3 top players competing for 1 spot. Delap was the temporary fix and the fault of not playing him was Pep's.
I don’t disagree with that, and as I said some of his team selections are baffling. But the point about recruitment remains, when we won it under Roberto we had Tevez, Aguero, Ballotelli and Dzeko to pick from, which is what a top club competing on four fronts needs, not two plus a 17 year old.

kevin1987

I don’t disagree with that, and as I said some of his team selections are baffling. But the point about recruitment remains, when we won it under Roberto we had Tevez, Aguero, Ballotelli and Dzeko to pick from, which is what a top club competing on four fronts needs, not two plus a 17 year old.

We played games with two strikers back then. We dont now. You dont have 4 top forwards battling for one place in a team. Two is enough but it helps having someone like say Sanchez who is more than capable of playing wide and not looking out of place as a striker. Probably the main reason Pep wanted him.

blue for life

3 wins 1 loss 1 draw. Covid has f*cked everything up especially the transfer market and club income. No fans. Players injured due to no pre season games. Everton won’t be top in May either. I think we all need to chill a bit.

vasan

Team supported
man city
Lets not underestimate what pep has achieved and his influence, after his first season every talking head and loser like gary gary neville said you can't play this way and win the league.Pep proved them wrong we won and dominated the english league for 2 whole years while playing a technical trio of silva, de bruyne and fernandinho.
Even klopp took and used of pep's methods like focus on build up play and has used to adapt his own game.
Without the success of this city team and vindication of pep's methods, I don't think the liverpool board would have sanctioned that kind of money for a GK and a CB.van dijk would probably gone to barca and allison to juve or real

Coatigan

Team supported
Manchester City
I still think the season wont finish anyway due to covid.

You may well be right. And it could be interrupted sooner than people expect. Heck any one of us is not that far off from 'a sabbatical' within weeks at any point depending on how things go.

People taking it on themselves to say pep should be taking a sabbatical, because he once took one, need to think about the global reality. Hardly compares to his previous one if a chunk of it would be spent without contact with friends, cultural expeditions or in pubs restaurants or travels.

Tangent for one of the other threads perhaps.

thepolarbear

Team supported
One City
Watch his BBC post match interview, I think this is his last season, he talks a few times about being here 5 years. He is not getting the same reaction from the players now. I think we are already looking for another manager.

PistonBlue

You have to forget the tradional concept of money
Watch his BBC post match interview, I think this is his last season, he talks a few times about being here 5 years. He is not getting the same reaction from the players now. I think we are already looking for another manager.
You could be right, either way it needs sorting. This isn’t helping the current situation in the pitch.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.