Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

The football got steadily worse under him.
Signed Lampard on loan and did not use him correctly.
Got us to a Champions league semi final but was so out of his depth we were clueless in the second leg.
His FA Cup record was really poor.
Nice man but nothing special as a manager.

At best kept things ticking over but still won trophies. Spurs under Poch wasn't much better andwon nothing.

I think people are bring harsh on Pochettino here.

When he came to Southampton he wasn't regarded as a great manager and was derided for not speaking English. He did a very good job there as well. I don't know the exact dates sobso forgivehforgive me but hephe made players Mane?), Shaw, Rodriguez, Lambert, Lovren(?) and it's no accident many of them went on to Liverpool.

He went to Spurs and took them to a CL final and top 4 contenders. Harry Kane becomes a world class player and Dele Alli becomes a very good player. If they had cashed in on them you'd be looking at 250m plus.

He's been at clubs that quite simply aren't expected to win trophies. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and really I don't know what else he could do there. If he'd had won a cup then people would dismiss that as well! Plus he's not very old.

Given the resources he had at Spurs and Southampton and what he achieved there's every indication he will be a very good manager if backed.

Pep will leave one day and I wouldn't be unhappy with Pochettino.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before. But Tim Vickery claimed a few months back, that Pep will probably extend until the end of the 21-22 season and then take the Brazil job after the WC
I love how the same couple of journo know what he is going to do,they thought he was going to the rags till the day he got here

When Pep leaves I want Jorge Sampaoli.

Don’t want Arteta, Pochettino or Vieira.

The other I’d take is Bielsa, needs to be someone who will carry over Peps work, not someone who wants to undo everything and play a different way.

I rather we did that even if it meant not winning anything, I want the identity of how we play now to stay with the club through all age groups to the first team.

I think people are bring harsh on Pochettino here.

When he came to Southampton he wasn't regarded as a great manager and was derided for not speaking English. He did a very good job there as well. I don't know the exact dates sobso forgivehforgive me but hephe made players Mane?), Shaw, Rodriguez, Lambert, Lovren(?) and it's no accident many of them went on to Liverpool.

He went to Spurs and took them to a CL final and top 4 contenders. Harry Kane becomes a world class player and Dele Alli becomes a very good player. If they had cashed in on them you'd be looking at 250m plus.

He's been at clubs that quite simply aren't expected to win trophies. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and really I don't know what else he could do there. If he'd had won a cup then people would dismiss that as well! Plus he's not very old.

Given the resources he had at Spurs and Southampton and what he achieved there's every indication he will be a very good manager if backed.

Pep will leave one day and I wouldn't be unhappy with Pochettino.

Pochettino should without a doubt be the guy to replace Pep. He improves players and plays top football. He's not as good as Pep but he's a massive coup. The job he did at Spurs was excellent considering the lack of money.

Pellers fell into the seat warming category. If Soriano and Khaldoon were sure Pep would arrive in reasonable time, thay could not appoint a really top class guy who would know it was temporary.
Edit PS. Pep falls into both categories: a serial winner who has his own version of the 'game of position' and has changed the English game for ever. We are so lucky.

No arguments about your comments on Pep and it has been well documented our desire to make Pep manager. However I think its a disservice to Pellers suggest he was just filling time and a disservice to those running the club. I think, in their opinion, he was the best next choice out there/available. I very much doubt Pep gave Ferran any commitment he would take over after his spell at Bayern as lets face it he is not the type of guy to commit himself for 6 year periods, hence this thread.

When Pep leaves I want Jorge Sampaoli.

Don’t want Arteta, Pochettino or Vieira.

The other I’d take is Bielsa, needs to be someone who will carry over Peps work, not someone who wants to undo everything and play a different way.

I rather we did that even if it meant not winning anything, I want the identity of how we play now to stay with the club through all age groups to the first team.

I would want viera, you could say the same thing about him and what he did with Nice. Plus he already knows the club and youth players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.