Pep's contract situation

You can’t possibly think Pep has a better record of making in-game changes that affect the result, surely??

Mancini was brilliant at making game changing subs and changes of formation that turned the game on its head. Tottenham at home being a prime example when we were 1 down and he switched to 352 and we won.

If Pep’s plan A doesn’t work, he tends to sulk, fold his arms, waits, makes a like for like change on 70 minutes which has zero effect and then in a passive aggressive manner says “we played so so well, but the problem was in both boxes”.
Yep. Mancini was very good at subs. He didn't mess about either.
I remember him giving Johnson the sheppherds crook after about 10 mins in one game. That said he had clearly hit the formation wrong to start with.

Last edited:
No, I don't. Pep is fucking god awful at it and it is probably the single biggest gripe I've got with him in terms of purely footballing matters.

I also think Mancini's powers are greatly overstated on this forum.

Thing is mate, Pep’s changes (or lack of success with them) stand out so much, only because it so rarely matters, and he so rarely needs to do it.

Not in the CL he wasn't, picked the wrong formation, didn't make changes when they were obviously needed, on numerous occasions, that 3-1 defeat at Ajax still haunts me, the 1-0 at Dortmund wasn't much better.
Pep is also poor at making subs in the CL if you haven't noticed.

Yep Mancini was far worse in the CL than Pep lol, his two years in it were an absolute joke and probably is responsible for the complex that club has had about the comp ever since. And I say that as someone who liked mancini and think he was hard done by.

Yep Mancini was far worse in the CL than Pep lol, his two years in it were an absolute joke and probably is responsible for the complex that club has had about the comp ever since. And I say that as someone who liked mancini and think he was hard done by.
This. Pellegrini actually managed to undo most of the damage done under Mancini in the CL, but we haven’t kicked on under Guardiola. We will, eventually, I’m sure, but we haven’t thus far.

I hope he stays, he's been brilliant for this club. I realise folk are pissed with the champs league, well one game really, but the guy is top class.

The fact that Liverpool and the rags want him gone just proves how unique he is.

The team just lacks pace in all departments.

Pep stats and we win it all.

Don't get carried away with knee jerk reactions.

This. Pellegrini actually managed to undo most of the damage done under Mancini in the CL, but we haven’t kicked on under Guardiola. We will, eventually, I’m sure, but we haven’t thus far.

Yep I mean on Paper Pellegrini is actually a very good CL manager, got far with Malaga and Villareal, and on average got much harder knockout draws then pep has and the one time he didn't get one of the giants he made it to the semis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.