Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Firmly believe that if Pep does extend his time with us he needs to bring in a defensive coach.
It seems Pep likes total control but since Vinnie left our defence is lousy.
And we've signed way too many duds, Mendy, Stones, Cancello, Angelino, Danilo who we practically gave away. There's about 200 million...Only Walker and Laporte look good value.
Denayer to me looks better than who we bought FFS.
Could he have partnered Laporte ?
We need a bloody goalkeeping coach as well ffs.

Firmly believe that if Pep does extend his time with us he needs to bring in a defensive coach.
It seems Pep likes total control but since Vinnie left our defence is lousy.
And we've signed way too many duds, Mendy, Stones, Cancello, Angelino, Danilo who we practically gave away. There's about 200 million...Only Walker and Laporte look good value.
Denayer to me looks better than who we bought FFS.
Could he have partnered Laporte ?
This season mirrors Pep's first season and Vinnies was part of the squad!
Its obviously more complex than one single postion / player however City's style of play is vunerable to the counter attack, in Pep's 2nd and 3rd seasons something that Fernandinho was good at stoping. For whatever reason Pep decide to use Ferdy as a centere half leaving Rodri in the pivot role or playing a double pivot with Gudoghan. Rodri and or Gudoghan are somewhat ponerous so, not only were were more vunderable but we became slower in build up which helped opponents stop City; leting us have pocession, parking the bus and depending upon counters.

He's proving to be bigger than the club.
We've regressed this last season. He has to overcome in the Premier league and win back the the title, and win the champion's league, after Saturday's debacle.
I think he'll give it just the single season left on his contract, then move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.