Pep's contract situation

Doyle will only pay a handful of cup games.

David Silva started 22 games.

One major injury to KDM, Rodri or Gundo and we are very short.

The first 2 have had their fair share of injuries before.

I think we just disagree over the definition of being short. Imo we need two players in every position, plus the EDS. This appears to be the strategy of the club too. In centre mid we have Foden, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo. Injury risk exists for every player in the league but this represents better strength in depth than any other club. That's what it's there for.

Foden replaces David Silva as a member of the senior squad, Doyle replaces Foden as the young prospect. Doyle won't play a handful of cup games if you put yet another midfielder in his prime into his way. There has to be some space to develop young players and your approach would suffocate that. As I also pointed out, bringing in more and more players for the same position costs money: the transfer budget and wage budget have limits. Spreading those budgets across extra players we don't need means there's less to go around to retain top performers. You don't appear to be taking that into account either.

By all means critique the qualities of players we have but the answer can't be 'we need 3 players for every position'.

I think we just disagree over the definition of being short. Imo we need two players in every position, plus the EDS. This appears to be the strategy of the club too. In centre mid we have Foden, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo. Injury risk exists for every player in the league but this represents better strength in depth than any other club. That's what it's there for.

Foden replaces David Silva as a member of the senior squad, Doyle replaces Foden as the young prospect. Doyle won't play a handful of cup games if you put yet another midfielder in his prime into his way. There has to be some space to develop young players and your approach would suffocate that. As I also pointed out, bringing in more and more players for the same position costs money: the transfer budget and wage budget have limits. Spreading those budgets across extra players we don't need means there's less to go around to retain top performers. You don't appear to be taking that into account either.

By all means critique the qualities of players we have but the answer can't be 'we need 3 players for every position'.
EDS players don't win you titles, lots of games in quick succession, a big , deep squad is a must

Agree completely, squad numbers are an added issue. Great saying bring another midfielder in instead of Gundogan but he have to want to go, but if it in addition we would struggle with the 21 senior players.

EDS players don't win you titles, lots of games in quick succession, a big , deep squad is a must

Did we have three players for every midfield position in the years we won the title?

Do Liverpool right now?

Sounds really promising as he now says he loves the club and is happy in many interviews. C'mon Pep get it signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.