Pep's contract situation

It's not so much about mentally unready players but players fatigued by one style and manager's requirements. This doesn't happen with every manager but there is plenty of evidence there is burnout by both players and manager in Pep's intense style of management. He is not unique, other managers like Bielsa have the same trait.
A fresh manager makes a huge difference. The entire feeling around the dressing room changes, all the baggage over the 5 years is gone and suddenly everyone is starting out from 0.

Now whether this freshness can translate into a success depends on multiple factors, including the quality of manager, but it is something I feel like we need. Giving small extensions to a relationship that is bound to end soon will not help us.
Of course, and well said, but my comment was meant as a little sarcastic, play on words, joke thing, to your post.
Guess I should have added one of these, ;) At least it provoked a comment worthy of the thread,
unlike mine. cheers. :)

Nobody can replace pep!

we need a few new players to freshen it up & put some energy in it that’s all.

get it signed pep

The implication seems to be that Pep wants to see if the players still work and trust him, and he will make a decision around Christmas. I think that sounds very Pep.

The implication seems to be that Pep wants to see if the players still work and trust him, and he will make a decision around Christmas. I think that sounds very Pep.

Not aimed at just you, but also a large number of posters making a similar assumption. What makes everyone think pep is the one making this decision, and the timing sits with? It is as if it is taken for granted he is sitting on a contract extension offer the club are desperate for him to sign,,while he takes his time to make up his mind. Where is this narrative coming from? I find it inconsistent with what pep and khaldoon have been saying. It is clear the club are comfortable with this taking the time it takes.

Will a no deal Brexit complicate matters. Not just for him but other EU born players?

Pep will sign a contract and city will move for messi in January I think . That will be the guarantee that messi will require to come here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.