Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think i could have phrased it better. Born in other EU countries.

ireland is fine, and they haven't made the rules up yet for the rest, but if they live here by 31st December 2020 it won't be a problem.

Reactions: mat
Just a small detail, but he said: Never before and never in the future am I going to complain. I'm lucky to have these players and to be at this club.

What opportunity would he have to complain or not, if he won't be here ?

Doesn't make any sense to mention the future at all, if he is planning on leaving. So I don't think he is.
Pep Guardiola: “I would love to stay longer here. It is a place I love to be. This club achieved standards in the last decade. We have to maintain that. I am going to see if I deserve it this season in terms of how the club goes forward and improves.”

he is staying

I was/am hoping pep signs an extension but if going by some posters that he seemed tired and sort of going through the motions during a presser although it could be nothing,but if he’s looking to do this season then off I’d rather we shook hands and he moved on this season and had someone else in preparing for the season ahead,as tolmie mentioned we seem to be sleep walking into this season only the two signings done and the main CB issue not addressed properly maybe that is a clue in itself..
His mum just died and don't forget being asked if he takes bungs and all the other fucking trick questions he gets asked he also had to answer a question about phil,maybe he enjoyed the break, why on earth we are thinking him being flat to those parasites means he has had enough

This place this last week, mental

I for one want him to extend no one better out there, I remember the days we had benson, frizzel, ball, Clark,Hughes, neal and numerous others who were not fit to lead this great club, we have the best manager in world football give your fucking heads a wobble.

Of course I believe the majority of our fan base want him to stay - of which I am firmly in that camp.

He has said he would like to stay, but lets remember that this is unchartered territory now for Pep and a team managed by him

Pep has said it himself, he will probably make a decision about half way through the season. Abd the reason for this is because he will know himself if the players are still responding positively to the way he needs them to play.

Lets hope we kick start this tonight against wolves with a resounding win. If it turns into a season like last then we may be looking at the end of his reign

Lets hope not

Not aimed at just you, but also a large number of posters making a similar assumption. What makes everyone think pep is the one making this decision, and the timing sits with? It is as if it is taken for granted he is sitting on a contract extension offer the club are desperate for him to sign,,while he takes his time to make up his mind. Where is this narrative coming from? I find it inconsistent with what pep and khaldoon have been saying. It is clear the club are comfortable with this taking the time it takes.

It mostly seems to be coming out of the journalists attached to the club, so particularly in The Athletic and The Daily Mail, based partly I think on how he managed his last season at Bayern but also a few people back in Barcelona (I think there was a few lines in this week's Blue Moon podcast). So yeah, most of us are just repeating what the prevailing line is in the press, there's very little concrete anything to go on. But he would almost certainly get a contract extension if he wants it. My feeling is we will announce Messi and Pep on two year contracts in January.

It mostly seems to be coming out of the journalists attached to the club, so particularly in The Athletic and The Daily Mail, based partly I think on how he managed his last season at Bayern but also a few people back in Barcelona (I think there was a few lines in this week's Blue Moon podcast). So yeah, most of us are just repeating what the prevailing line is in the press, there's very little concrete anything to go on. But he would almost certainly get a contract extension if he wants it. My feeling is we will announce Messi and Pep on two year contracts in January.
Doess Messi's contract run out 2021.

I would be happy if he signed for 2 or more years more but if he signs for one more year then it just kicks the can down the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.