Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Brendan masterclass? What get yourselves into the box and go down the first chance you get? 3 penalties! That's not a managerial mistake.

It's not his finest hour but it's not Pep's fault half the team are unavailable and we have no senior strikers available. Add the fact that the team is further behind than most of our opponents because we only played out first game on Monday night. Is it any wonder we looked disjointed?

Sterling is not a striker, it was a step up too soon for Delap(hard game to come into). We saw both and neither worked, so what options did Pep have?

I don't think it's a co-incidence that we conceded 4 goals after Fernandinho came off, so maybe you can point your finger at Pep for that but 2 of those were penalties.

All good and well mate but we were 1-0 up at home, so the “no fit striker” narrative doesn’t really wash.

We got hammered by simple balls in behind all game. Did we drop deeper to cope with it? No. Did we put more pressure on the ball higher up the pitch? No. Did we do anything at all to try and counteract Leicester’s incredibly simple game plan? No.

Even after what is a mind blowing wtf game like that, this thread still blows my mind more than i could have possibly imagined.

pep needs to stay yeah or nay over a contract then the club and players know whats what if he stays great if he goes players know they all playing for their future and might give them bit more fight/hunger

I think this has gone on for too long, in a pattern way too predictable, that questions should really be asked about how we should plan for the future, and whether Pep is the right man to take us there.

We know our club better than anyone - we've watched our team from the lower leagues, to establishing ourselves in the PL, to dominating English football, to where we are now. We've seen the club change managers, tactical styles, transfer strategies - you name it. I think by now we have a good idea of what works and what doesn't - and we know where the team needs strengthening, and where it's simply not good enough.

So why do I have a sick feeling about where this season is going? It's not just the careless mistakes, the complacency and the pointless tinkering - the football is genuinely getting boring to watch. Or is that just me?

And now, I've got this familiar feeling of unease that I can only trace back to three occasions. The first was just before Mark Hughes was fired, the second was just before Mancini was fired, and the third was Pellegrini's last season. I'm not saying that Pep will or should get fired - but on each of those occasions, we asked lots of questions about those managers' futures. Why can't we do the same about Pep?

I've been one of Pep's biggest advocates since he arrived, and no doubt he is one of the best managers to ever grace the game. But I fear we need to freshen up a bit, and that we need to start a new cycle and get some excitement back into the club. I don't care what the media says, and I couldn't care less about the opinions of rival fans, I just want to be entertained again

Mendy was class when he signed. Now he's slow. Not his fault he got injured but I think that's it for him.

Terrible defending by City in this game. Garcia, Mendy, Walker all made mistakes and we were punished ruthlessly. Not too happy about they way Leicester players went down for their pens. Highly professional.

Pep didn't have much choice with his selection today but playing Rodri and Fernandinho in front of a quickly breaking 451 was asking for trouble. No creativity and not able to track runners. Should have had Foden central to link up with Stering who we just couldn't get in the game.

Was he class for about 2 games against cannon fodder before he got injured?

5 years of Pep, hundreds of millions spent and Mendy is still our only recognised Left back. :/

Mendy was class when he signed. Now he's slow. Not his fault he got injured but I think that's it for him.

Terrible defending by City in this game. Garcia, Mendy, Walker all made mistakes and we were punished ruthlessly. Not too happy about they way Leicester players went down for their pens. Highly professional.

Pep didn't have much choice with his selection today but playing Rodri and Fernandinho in front of a quickly breaking 451 was asking for trouble. No creativity and not able to track runners. Should have had Foden central to link up with Stering who we just couldn't get in the game.
I can safely say I remember the first season we signed Mendy and I’ve never once looked at him after a single City game and thought ‘class’. Can’t run, can’t track his man, can’t defend, can’t pass or cross. Not jumping on any bandwagon, not scape goating; he’s just pure cak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.