Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Mendy can't defend.
Garcia is a snail.
Vardy is rapid and clinical.

Why play a high defensive line?

All good and well mate but we were 1-0 up at home, so the “no fit striker” narrative doesn’t really wash.

We got hammered by simple balls in behind all game. Did we drop deeper to cope with it? No. Did we put more pressure on the ball higher up the pitch? No. Did we do anything at all to try and counteract Leicester’s incredibly simple game plan? No.
Droping deeper and that solves everything does it? We'd still have the same defence mate. They scored 3 penalties from individual mistakes and all three were when we were sitting deep. Mahrez's goal was individual too. If we could have had 3 of those it would have solved everything but that's nothing to do with the system or manager.

As I said, I think bringing Fernandinho off left us even more vulnerable but ultimately, I said before the match the confidence in a win was a bit optimistic. What we had and their current match sharpness/fitness wasn't enough to brush aside a near full strength, tried and tested Leicester lineup. A starting back 2 of Garcia and Ake is a brand new partnership, Sterling up top, those are quite significant changes, it's not like the team had long to work on it and it showed. Maybe Pep should have played super defensive and settled for a draw or a plucky win but with the day our defence were having, I can see us losing whatever he tried.

Last edited:
Drop deeper and that solves everything? My word what a load of crap. They scored 3 penalties from individual mistakes and all three were when we were sitting deep in our own defence. Mahrez is goal was individual too. If would could have had 3 of those it would have solved everything but that's nothing to do with the system or manager.

You genuinely don’t see how compressing the space behind the back line and putting pressure in the opposition when they’re in possession mitigates simple balls in behind?

Individual mistakes don’t happen in isolation. Our defenders panic when players get the wrong side (see: all three fucking penalties we conceded today). So perhaps preventing those easy balls in behind might have been a good idea.

Mate we’ve had many shocking results over the past 10 years with many different managers.
I can't remember one when we had so few ideas, so little defensive cover and gave the ball away so often. Leicester at home when they won the league was similar but not as bad as this.

And every penalty was softer than the one reversed against the rags.

A lot of embarrassing conspiracy shit on here as usual when we lose.. however this I agree with. All three shared similarities to that one that got overturned.

Not a shock to see some of the comments.
Think I’ll resist the over-reactionary cry arsing and back him to have another successful season and hope he puts pen to paper on another contract.

Fully agree but I'm not convinced that he has the right quality of support and assistance around him.

A lot of embarrassing conspiracy shit on here as usual when we lose.. however this I agree with. All three shared similarities to that one that got overturned.
We played so bad we can't complain too much but they were really soft. It does go against us so many times. We are not Liverpool or Man Utd in the eyes of referees and commentators.

However even at 1-0 we weren't creating much. I think we should judge City and Pep when we have a full squad to choose from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.