Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think Rogers is a good coach and can set his teams up well. I don’t think he’s a good manager as such as he has a habit of believing his own hype. Leicester’s late collapse last season shows his limitations. As with Liverpool 13/14 his teams tend to run out of steam when it matters.
As someone who’s watched a lot of his games live, I can tell you that his biggest problem by far is he doesn’t know how to arrest a slide, whether in game or over a number of games. Our semi against Villa at Wembley was the worst performance I’ve ever seen by us there. They were passing and walking through our midfield and he was stood on the sidelines watching it happen like a rabbit in the headlights. He’s great at setting teams up to score and when those teams are on blob, they usually win. But when things go wrong, he flaps like a hummingbird’s arsehole. He’s a better manager than he was when he was at our place, but there’s no way he’ll be your next manager.

He’s won fuck all, porch ain’t good enough to lace peps boots.
He's won fuck all in this league due largely to Guardiola! Had Levy not been so tight fisted on their transfer purse Poch may well have won a trophy. He built a good team playing fast attractive football and if he is still available when Pep leaves I'd be happy enough if we hired him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.