Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

It's true but I don't think they're not giving their best because he's leaving. I think he's leaving because he can't get the best out of them.

Previous players of Pep's often speak about his intensity - after a few years that kind of obsession becomes pretty oppressive.
Yeah, fair enough. Whatever it is, that magic we had for the 2 seasons where we were at 100 pt level appears to have left us for now, as I say, injuries aside. We’ll get a much clearer picture when the strikers are back. Whatever happens we’ll still win a lot of games and be in a good position if and what a new manager arrives.

You’re bang on. I mentioned yesterday that I had watched All or Nothing again... the difference in fun-factor and general happiness is stark. It doesn’t look a fun club to be at right now. It’s so serious. The way they used to celebrate every single win as if it was a cup final. It really doesn’t look like there’s that same atmosphere in the dressing room. The club is so stale.
It’s a bit Catch 22 isn’t it? Trophies and a long winning streak are by far the best recipes for a happy squad. And, of course, the reverse applies. Scouse morale will be sky high now but nothing lasts forever.

The question is does Pep have the ideas and grit to take us to the summit again? We’ve lost our verve. It bothers me that we keep trying the same things that don’t work. The game moves so fast that he is being overtaken by more vigorous, direct football at the same time as Mr Average Manager has worked out how to beat us. Dias and Ake should strengthen us a bit but we need more than a bit. We need more adaptability and effective coaching, not just a big cheque book.

My bet is he won’t extend. (Or if he did, it would be for public consumption.) Unlike many, I‘d have no fears about moving on with a fresh coach and different ideas. That said, I’ll never ever forget the quality of football we enjoyed for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
Could Rogers be an option here if Pep goes in the season?
Leicester are 9 from 9 and look like they could finish above us.

No. And they won't.

We had all this shit last year just before Xmas.

Well if the last 2 league games are anything to go by then i'm not that confident!
Half of them don't look arsed and we look grossly unfit.

Well if the last 2 league games are anything to go by then i'm not that confident!
Half of them don't look arsed and we look grossly unfit.
Why did we dominate the last 15 minutes and pushing hard for the win if we didn't look arsed?

Pep will be quietly confident for the first time in months because for the first time in a year the defence looks like it's taking shape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.