Pep's contract situation

I think this is his last season. He always said he would stay for as long as he felt he was getting the best out of the squad and his comments this season indicate he thinks he isn't. For those that have worked for super intense genius bosses, it has a finite life. They either burn out or their team burns out. Even this season, when we play like we did for the first 25 minutes yesterday, it is an absolute joy to watch and nobody else comes close. That we managed to maintain that over 2 seasons is crazy. In a way, he was fortunate to inherit an amazing spine to the team. Vinnie, Fern, David and Kun and he augmented that by improving other players like Kev, Eddie, Kyle, Phil, Raz and Gabby. He also took good but not great players and turned them into well oil parts of an amazing machine. I'm thinking Delph, Otamendi, Zinc for a while. He will leave a legacy and I will always think of him as our best ever Coach.

Hard act to follow. I really don't know who I would like.I do know who I wouldn't want anywhere near our club (Rodgers, Klopp, Maureen). I would love at some point Vinnie to return once he has learned the ropes but it remains to be seen that he will make it as a top flight coach.

He might not be given the choice if the men at the very top are reading his body language and general demeanour. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that Pep looks jaded, tired and frustrated. If / when his mojo returns, I'm certain our players will respond immediately and kick things up a few gears on the pitch. A mojo-less Pep is useless to our great Club.

In Pep’s first season he added Bravo, Nolito, Jesus, Stones and Gundogan to a spine of Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, KDB, Sterling and Aguero. We had a decent but frustrating season. Created a lot, missed too many and conceded a lot of bad goals.

Last season and so far this season we’ve generally created a lot, missed a lot and conceded bad goals.

Pep turned it around four seasons ago. This rebuild will take longer, still need to get the midfield balance right post Silva and Fernandinho’s finale, new left back and new forward. The question remains does Pep want to build a new version of City?

At present we’re Jekyll and Hyde within matches. Brilliant for 25 minutes but woeful for long spells but still able to get create chances. Are the opening 25 minutes or the woeful 40 odd minutes the real City? As we improve fitness levels will we be able to maintain the intensity for longer or will confidence seep further? Will we continue to create and start finishing or will the creation levels drop? I think the next 6 games will go a long way to answering those questions.

If we start playing well for longer and the second and third goals start arriving then we might see the start of a new Pep team and an extended contract. If confidence starts to slip further and the panicked spells go on longer, the chances get up then no doubt,? Pep is off.

He might not be given the choice if the men at the very top are reading his body language and general demeanour. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that Pep looks jaded, tired and frustrated. If / when his mojo returns, I'm certain our players will respond immediately and kick things up a few gears on the pitch. A mojo-less Pep is useless to our great Club.
Do the players just stop playing well when a managers' mojo drops, do they have a meeting about it and suggest they down tools until all is well and then 'immediately' pick it back up at the drop of a hat?

Here's me thinking that I used to go onto the pitch and try like fuck for 90 minutes whatever the opponents, weather conditions etc

How odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.