Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

He does say that a squad peaks in the third year of his tenure and there might be some truth in that, has he got the mental strength to see us through the transition for his squad to peak again in year 6 or does he feel he's taken us as far as he can and walk?
I guess only Pep can answer that, and we will have to wait for the answer a little while longer.

It could all be part of a masterplan to soften the blow of his exit.

Yep,he hasn't lost the plot at all.....playing Mahrez,Sterling,Rodri,and Gundogan in the same 11 is in fact genius.
Problem is we will have to sell these players for a massive loss . Sterling on his day is still a world class player but he is knackered .

Would you trust him to identify the right players in the summer? Serious question, left back, striker and a centre mid.

Pep doesn't identify the players: that's not his job.

He will be part of the process and he may request certain players but it's the job of the DoF and scouting team to identify players that meet the requirements of the manager.

Would you trust him to identify the right players in the summer? Serious question, left back, striker and a centre mid.
I wouldn’t trust our director of football that’s for sure .and also didn’t all our. In juries start when our physio went to Liverpool.

Pep doesn't identify the players: that's not his job.

He will be part of the process and he may request certain players but it's the job of the DoF and scouting team to identify players that meet the requirements of the manager.

Fair enough, ignore me then. I'd always imagined it was Pep who had the biggest say on who we buy.

Problem is we will have to sell these players for a massive loss . Sterling on his day is still a world class player but he is knackered .
If he keeps playing Gundogan and Rodri as a pair every week which the world and his wife know slows us down stifles creativity and gives every team the chance to beat us and pisses fans off then I can’t see him getting another contract as this approach will only get us Top 6.. wtf start with the team that struggled to break Porto down until FODEN and TORRES came on with pace and desire. The result would have been different today with the 11 that finished the Porto game.

I wouldn't trust us to identify the right players, i would imagine it's a joint decision though, DOF , Pep, scouts etc.
We get it wrong, quite a lot and waste so much money on bang average players

It looks like he has lost his faith in the players and the players have given up on his tactics. Cheaper to replace him than the entire squad. I don’t want to see him leave as I still consider him the best manager, but something has to change.

We need a serious overhaul but unfortunately we're nowhere near aggressive enough in the market and rather than get what we need, we'll end up spending our usual 50 million on our 4th choice target and wonder why we're further behind. It's a cycle that's been in motion since the summer of 2018.

We needed to go out this summer just gone and spend aggressively on improving the first eleven. We didn't do it. It was a dereliction of duty and you reap what you fucking sew in this world. We'll be lucky to get top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.