Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Sometimes the right fit is under your nose given time, like I say we need to be careful what we wish for as the grass isn't always greener

I disagree. It's hard not to look at performances like the one against West Ham or many in the last 12 months and feel like the collective is falling way short of the individual talent on show. That is on Pep and he has to address it quickly. My concern is how does he address it, get in the players' heads, get their performance levels up, when he remains uncommitted and almost mocking the contractual situation he's in. Players aren't running through brick walls if they can smell that he is off in six or seven months.

Very complicated and messy moment for the club right now IMO.

I disagree. It's hard not to look at performances like the one against West Ham or many in the last 12 months and feel like the collective is falling way short of the individual talent on show. That is on Pep and he has to address it quickly. My concern is how does he address it, get in the players' heads, get their performance levels up, when he remains uncommitted and almost mocking the contractual situation he's in. Players aren't running through brick walls if they can smell that he is off in six or seven months.

Nail on head.

I don't want Pep going anywhere,but how long do we let this current situation develop and how long do we allow him to display uncertainty over his contract?

We have very much reached a crossroads,there are clearly issues that need addressing and clarifying.If Pep cant,or doesn't want to sort them himself,then he needs to step aside (he,rightly,wont be sacked) and allow us to find the man who can.

Only Pep can fix this.

8 out of 15 points is rubbish start, yes we have injuries, yes we had no pre season even some happy clappers said here before season that the CL games were much better pre season for us than some lazy friendlies...

But our tactics has been found out and generally in first halves of games we are rubbish with slow tempo, not much chances created. We give 45 minutes away easy very often, happened end of last season too in crucial games (arsenal semifinal, Lyon game too) and we only up the tempo when the house is on fire.

The more and more it happens teams will get more and more comfortable opting for the tactics of WHU or Leicester and very same thing caused us losing 9 PL games.
This maybe it will cause losing 5 games but drawing 10.

Hardly any success we had last year in away games like Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, United.
1 win vs Arsenal if I am correct and 4 losses and that was with Ljungberg being the caretaker just after the shitshow of a run when they fired Emery.

Pressing sucks, we are way too comfortable off the ball, Mahrez, Sterling does not work their socks off to win the ball back very high. Kun certainly will not press at his age/fitness very well. Yet we persist with the defence pushed up so high.

High energy, hard working players, quick are a must for the type of game we wanna play. Rodri, Gundogan, Mahrez are not this type of players at all.

There is no balance in the team currently, and thats tactical issue rather than injuries.

strange selections regularly by Pep, starting Kun 3x just after he came back from injury and had not played 3 games since March is a bit crazy. We could have loaned a striker in all summer may top clubs do make loan deals why arent we? If PSG is ok to get Moise Kane on loan, or Icardi before that for the bench, why is that so horrible? Especially when Kun is injury prone and getting on, Jesus is not prolific enough and also injury prone.

Saying today Walker had to come off because he was exhausted causing Zinchenko to come in instead of Torres. Why we started Walker in every single games this season including rubbish Carabao games too of course he is exhausted in October with zero rotation.
Couldn’t agree more with pretty much all of those points. If Pep decides that he wants to commit to us then he needs a major rethink Of his tactics and we probably need to bite the bullet and spend some serious money.

Bizarre, I keep seeing comments like Pep will never change his style and “teams have figured us out”.

But the reality is Pep has changed. For the worse.

We got 100 points playing 433. One holding midfielder, two pressing and two wide wingers.

We won 4 trophies playing 433. One holding midfielder, two pressing and two inverted wingers.

In the two seasons since, he’s Inexplicably started playing two holding midfielders and it means we can’t press high up anymore.

He’s become absolutely OBSESSED with playing Gundogan and Mahrez, no matter how shit they are or how much they slow us down.

It’s become an ego thing imo.

Teams haven’t figured out how to stop our high pressing 433. We’ve just stopped playing it, and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Having a fit striker would be a start, we only conceded 2 more goals than the Dippers last season and with the introduction of Diaz should help us even more in that department, it's not a coincidence that the Dippers had a settled and injury free frontline last season and blew us away.

The striker situation is killing us, if/when we get that sorted I'm confident we'll come good again with Pep

Pep himself said he needs to earn/deserve a new contract.
Currently, I don't think he warrants an extension, he looks and sounds dis interested, his team selections are baffling and he's to stubborn to change, he knows the owners won't give him the bullet, so as my mate thinks, is he working his ticket ?

Having a fit striker would be a start, we only conceded 2 more goals than the Dippers last season and with the introduction of Diaz should help us even more in that department, it's not a coincidence that the Dippers had a settled and injury free frontline last season and blew us away.

The striker situation is killing us, if/when we get that sorted I'm confident we'll come good again with Pep

Absolutely no way that our available forwards are anywhere near the levels of Mane and Salah. No way. Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, are about eight levels below the LFC two right now. That's not good enough.

I don't have faith that Kun is coming back anytime soon at the levels we need. Jesus isn't the answer either IMO.

Absolutely no way that our available forwards are anywhere near the levels of Mane and Salah. No way. Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, are about eight levels below the LFC two right now. That's not good enough.

I don't have faith that Kun is coming back anytime soon at the levels we need. Jesus isn't the answer either IMO.
That's why I said if/when we sort it ;-)

Because I feel that's killing us more than the manager situation, once that's sorted I believe the team dynamics will change completely

He has been giving enough hints through the media especially since his mother passed away.

Wants a break I would suggest maybe won't come back into management if his golf game is good enough.

Players see enough of their manager to know what they are thinking.

unfortunately this season is the perfect storm and the players seem to be focused to much on other things than getting the job done on matchdays and this has been the case for sometime bar a good run out the suspension of games last year even though we had second place wrapped up by then.

Most importantly the squad needs a major rebuild we have left things drag on for too long.

Kun is on his last legs and so is Ferny and we don't have anybody to improve on the role they played when we were dominating games on the scoreboard.

Many of our purchases have been ordinary and while its possible they can play a productive role under a new manager I don't think any of them are suited to the premiership least of all the Chumps League they just are not good enough.

He has been giving enough hints through the media especially since his mother passed away.

Wants a break I would suggest maybe won't come back into management if his golf game is good enough.

Players see enough of their manager to know what they are thinking.

unfortunately this season is the perfect storm and the players seem to be focused to much on other things than getting the job done on matchdays and this has been the case for sometime bar a good run out the suspension of games last year even though we had second place wrapped up by then.

Most importantly the squad needs a major rebuild we have left things drag on for too long.

Kun is on his last legs and so is Ferny and we don't have anybody to improve on the role they played when we were dominating games on the scoreboard.

Many of our purchases have been ordinary and while its possible they can play a productive role under a new manager I don't think any of them are suited to the premiership least of all the Chumps League they just are not good enough.

I think the squad is infinitely better than it's currently showing. That's probably my biggest issue with what's happening right now. We're well short of what we should be and the use of the resources at Pep's disposal is poor. People like to focus on individual players, but our squad as a whole is MUCH better than the rest of the league. It's simply not being used optimally IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.