Pep's contract situation

I stagger at some of the comments on this forum at times.

A couple of examples:

1) peps style of play has been sussed out and is obsolete.
2) he’s too stubborn to change and surrounds the squad with mediocrity.

Let me respond in kind, you bunch of bellybutton fluff eating, clueless, Xbox/PS5 football manager cretins.

1) we won a fuckin trophy last year. A TROPHY!! There are only 4 we can play for, same as every other top team. Though the domestic cups are up for grabs by all domestic clubs, with the vast majority DREAMING of lifting silverware. (Just like I still do!)

2) why the fuck would he change!!! we’re in a period not too dissimilar to the twilight zone. No preseason, squad hit by bouts of COVID, injuries, new signings and leadership structure changes after the departure of key squad and staff members.

screw your fuckin heads on and stop it. We’re city, not some jumped up reactive fuckin club with no culture.

if pep stays fantastic, he’s our greatest ever manager. If he doesn’t, we get someone else, but we let him choose - he has earned that right.

what we don’t do, is woman and moan like a bunch of fuckin rags or dippers!

embarrassing!
I doubt and sincerely hope that our owners do not share your expectations of winning the Carabou Cup as ‘success’ . Pep was brought in to win in Europe-?he’s failed that test and looks farther away now than when he came. As we sit 12th in the table forgive us for questioning the trajectory we are on..

That's why I said if/when we sort it ;-)

Because I feel that's killing us more than the manager situation, once that's sorted I believe the team dynamics will change completely
So why wasn't that addressed in the transfer period,it wasn't like it has come as a surprise that we were going to struggle without bringing someone else in,everyone knew it and its proving the case.

Do we have a pre-agreement with a player? I can only think thats the reason.

I think the squad is infinitely better than it's currently showing. That's probably my biggest issue with what's happening right now. We're well short of what we should be and the use of the resources at Pep's disposal is poor. People like to focus on individual players, but our squad as a whole is MUCH better than the rest of the league. It's simply not being used optimally IMO.
Look Pep is not on song that is for sure and as I said after 4 years maybe one year more than we originally thought and into his 5th season he might be burnt out.

I don't think we have enough quality in enough positions to say our squad is much better than the rest.

That's a real poor reflection on Pep if true , its somewhere in between to two poles.

Unfortunately I think the end is nigh for Pep. In many respects I feel as though my worst fears are already being realised this season. I was hopeful post lockdown that Pep would find a new impetus but I just don't see it.

My best guess is that similar to Pellegrini, come December/January City will announce that it's Pep's leaving and name his successor.

....unless Messi signs.

Look Pep is not on song that is for sure and as I said after 4 years maybe one year more than we originally thought and into his 5th season he might be burnt out.

I don't think we have enough quality in enough positions to say our squad is much better than the rest.

That's a real poor reflection on Pep if true , its somewhere in between to two poles.

What people perceive as a lack of quality in positions is actually just underperformance by key players IMO coupled with some questionable tactical decisions.

I’m torn
In the one hand I think we should keep pep as there is no one better
But on the other hand it is clear he won’t change and will keep doing The same things Like Rodri and gundo
So I think it might be time for a change And freshen things up
Problem is we almost seem to have the whole club bowing down to pep and that’s not a good place to be
Imagine if Messi arrived in current circumstances. We’d complete the attempted cloning of a faded Barcelona cult club when we need to be looking forward.

Barça and Bayern didn’t collapse the moment Pep left. Nor will we.

Imagine if Messi arrived in current circumstances. We’d complete the attempted cloning of a faded Barcelona cult club when we need to be looking forward.

Barça and Bayern didn’t collapse the moment Pep left. Nor will we.
I imagine Messi playing in yesterday's team and unfortunately I don't imagine any different result.

I think the squad is infinitely better than it's currently showing. That's probably my biggest issue with what's happening right now. We're well short of what we should be and the use of the resources at Pep's disposal is poor. People like to focus on individual players, but our squad as a whole is MUCH better than the rest of the league. It's simply not being used optimally IMO.
Are you not contradicting yourself from your earlier comments re current options up from are levels off Liverpool. Jesus and a fit Aguero bag one of those chances and we're not having this conversation. Peps fire was certainly burning in the post match interview, he was livid, missed chances, shit refereeing etc. As everyone says, strange league this year and hopefully a tweak in January market and fans dripped fed into the stadium will lift us from the malaise

So what you're saying and with that in mind if a new manager comes in and he didn't win a trophy in his first season you'd want him out?

Now this is what happens when fans mindsets turn to a sense of entitlement and don't allow the process of transition and rebuilding, ala Rags & Dippers we could have to go through a number of managers until we find the right fit again.

Sometimes the right fit is under your nose given time, like I say we need to be careful what we wish for as the grass isn't always greener
Pelligrini won the title and would have probably won more but we treated him terribly . I know the second season didn’t amount to anything but even if he had won the title again he was still going to make way for pep. A lot of people seem to forgot that we actually won the premier title twice without pep and we will win it again without him .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.