Pep's contract situation

He shouldn't go , I trust him but he has to change something so we can't be counterattacked that easily
And get our speed and numbers in attack back when we counter attack, we have to get the ball forward much quicker, sounds easy doesn’t it??? Phew glad I’m not a football manager!!!

Are you not contradicting yourself from your earlier comments re current options up from are levels off Liverpool. Jesus and a fit Aguero bag one of those chances and we're not having this conversation. Peps fire was certainly burning in the post match interview, he was livid, missed chances, shit refereeing etc. As everyone says, strange league this year and hopefully a tweak in January market and fans dripped fed into the stadium will lift us from the malaise

No, quite the opposite I'm reinforcing the point. Our players are operating well well below the levels they should be playing at. If one or two players end up there, you can look at them individually. When it feels like 3/4 of the squad are below their best by some distance you have to look at the manager.

I also think this isn't something which happened after the stadiums were emptied of supporters. We've been playing in this erratic way for 12 months now. Even last season when people were saying 'we can't defend' I was saying 'our attacking play is disintegrating'. We've now reached a point where it's almost entirely lost any of its spark.

Pelligrini won the title and would have probably won more but we treated him terribly . I know the second season didn’t amount to anything but even if he had won the title again he was still going to make way for pep. A lot of people seem to forgot that we actually won the premier title twice without pep and we will win it again without him .
I know the art of positive thinking is a rare trait amongst City fans but why can't we win it again with Pep?

I suspect you are right. But if we are not very careful that new era and re-build will be happening without Champions League football to offer, which will make it all so much more difficult.

What people perceive as a lack of quality in positions is actually just underperformance by key players IMO coupled with some questionable tactical decisions.

I’m not sure that is entirely true, although it does have *some* merit:

Sterling is a poor centre forward, Zinchenko is not a good left back, Garcia is a work in progress, Marhez will seemingly never change and the less said about Rodri the better

Whilst the system, motivation and injuries play there part the list above is enough, regardless if they player to full potential, to indicate to me that we will again be miles off the league due to the lack of quality and/or expertise in key positions

That’s not all on Guardiola but I don’t think he’s helping himself with team selection

Imagine if Messi arrived in current circumstances. We’d complete the attempted cloning of a faded Barcelona cult club when we need to be looking forward.

Barça and Bayern didn’t collapse the moment Pep left. Nor will we.
We won’t collapse but too much is geared to pep at the moment
i like the idea of poch coming in if pep goes and wonder if it’s already agreed
I can see messi maybe playing for poch anyway
But I think we just need a re boot
I didn’t think it before but peps style can only last a few years as it doesn’t evolve

What people perceive as a lack of quality in positions is actually just underperformance by key players IMO coupled with some questionable tactical decisions.
Absolutely spot on, and it is this that is creating the increasing levels of frustrations. Similar to last season, posters were saying things will improve. Well they never really did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.