Pep's contract situation

You're right in that all of this is relative. Me saying appalling is relative to knowing how good all of those players can be individually and collectively. My worry isn't the tempo, because ultimately we can't expect players to be running on 100% the way 2020 has been.

However on the flip side, precisely because we can't expect players to be at 100% we need Pep as a coach to be at 100%. He seems as miles off as the players are. I mean what possible explanation could there be for picking the same XI Wed/Sat when he has been bemoaning players fitness himself in every press conference? I don't see a SINGLE good reason for doing that. Yet he did it. For me that's the tip of the iceberg when it comes to decision making too. There are countless decisions he is making which are both counterintuitive and also seem to be counterproductive.

Yep we have Delap Palmer and Doyle who are top players and wouldn’t be out of place against most teams in premier!

Why not start Foden on the right Ferran on the left Delap up top Doyle Silva gundogan in midfield W has so many options but as usual he picks the experience players! This is where he needs a far better not an arse licker as a number two.

He also bemoans no longer being allowed 5 subs yet doesn’t even use the 3 he does have properly.

I can't remember seeing a manager so paralysed by their own decisions as Pep is at times. If you are going to mix and match teams as often as he does, then you MUST have a plan for when things don't work. Lyon is a fantastic example of a game in which 20 minutes in (just like Saturday) the XI on the pitch were done. They had literally run out of ideas and the pattern of anaemic football was set.

For any manager to just sit there and repeatedly watch that without changing the shape of the game, especially a top manager, is criminal.

I can't remember seeing a manager so paralysed by their own decisions as Pep is at times. If you are going to mix and match teams as often as he does, then you MUST have a plan for when things don't work. Lyon is a fantastic example of a game in which 20 minutes in (just like Saturday) the XI on the pitch were done. They had literally run out of ideas and the pattern of anaemic football was set.

For any manager to just sit there and repeatedly watch that without changing the shape of the game, especially a top manager, is criminal.
It’s becoming a more accepted opinion now but honestly Pep is done at City, it’s over. There were a few comments in some player interviews last season, one by KDB, where reading between the lines you could tell the feeling of bemusement at Pep’s decisions is firmly rooted within the players too. And once that sets in, times up I’m afraid. I love him, but not so blindly that I can’t see when it’s time for change. Signing a 1 year extension won’t alter our course, it would only extend it.

It’s becoming a more accepted opinion now but honestly Pep is done at City, it’s over. There were a few comments in some player interviews last season, one by KDB, where reading between the lines you could tell the feeling of bemusement at Pep’s decisions is firmly rooted within the players too. And once that sets in, times up I’m afraid. I love him, but not so blindly that I can’t see when it’s time for change. Signing a 1 year extension won’t alter our course, it would only extend it.

I don't think I'm ready to call time on Pep's City career but the signs are really bad right now. Something needs to change, but I'm not going to hold my breath it will.

Judging by the feeling right across the internet amongst Blues, it definitely looks like there are a lot of people who feel that Pep is underperforming as much as the players are and that uncertainty around his future isn't helping anyone.

I understand those people who think Pep is the best manager about, I feel the same. But five years into his tenure I'm also prepared to accept that managerial cycles can just come to an end. There's no shame in Pep/City deciding they both need a fresh start next season.

The beautiful thing about football is that there's always the next game, the next season, the next manager. Hope is always around the corner.

I don't think I'm ready to call time on Pep's City career but the signs are really bad right now. Something needs to change, but I'm not going to hold my breath it will.

Judging by the feeling right across the internet amongst Blues, it definitely looks like there are a lot of people who feel that Pep is underperforming as much as the players are and that uncertainty around his future isn't helping anyone.

I understand those people who think Pep is the best manager about, I feel the same. But five years into his tenure I'm also prepared to accept that managerial cycles can just come to an end. There's no shame in Pep/City deciding they both need a fresh start next season.

The beautiful thing about football is that there's always the next game, the next season, the next manager. Hope is always around the corner.
...puts razor blades back in the cabinet. Phew

Love how people say with such certainty that ‘Pep is done’
You’ve got no fucking idea what’s going on behind the scenes and pretending you do from titbits from the media and what some players nat have said after a defeat doesn’t quite cut it.
Also the tired cliched claim that he doesn’t care anymore or run out of ideas is laughable. He’s forgotten more about the game than the majority on here - including me.
If he goes, he goes and we will move on, but this narrative setting in that he’s a busted flush is embarrassing to read.

I would love him to sign again. He has produced the best football I have ever witnessed at my club and smashed records. We are a handful of games into the new season with a huge amount of illness and injury to contend with, in unique times. To witness the level of criticism of him and the direct targeting of players by a handful of posters makes me ashamed.

genuinely think he’s still the man for the job! Give him the full squad of options and we’ll be off and running again

To be fair to the team we've had zero preparation time for games seeing as we're playing every three days, the teams that have started well ie Everton, Villa, Leeds are in a nice position where they have a week gap to prepare.

I would love him to sign again. He has produced the best football I have ever witnessed at my club and smashed records. We are a handful of games into the new season with a huge amount of illness and injury to contend with, in unique times. To witness the level of criticism of him and the direct targeting of players by a handful of posters makes me ashamed.
I understand what you are saying 100%.

But can you explain him playing the same inefective team yesterday as v Porto, and the two lads that came on against Porto and changed the game weren't given a start yesterday ?
Torres never even getting a sub spot even though Sterling and Mahrez were terrible.
It's inexplicable imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.