Pep's contract situation

The squad have no hunger, looks like Peps tactics do not work any longer in PL. This have been like this since last part of last season

Those that look to have started well, Villa, Leeds, Everton didn’t and aren’t. As we get into winter the seasons slog will start to slow them too.
Why ? None of them will be playing every 3/4 days before christmas, just every 6/7/8.

The real problem at the moment is injuries, we don't have a settled defence, we've been playing an unfit striker or no striker, and the midfield has missed it's best player, and when he returned yesterday, he looked like a shadow of the player we need.

I miss the ruthless Pep, pick players on form and not on years of experience.
When Bernardo and Sterling on great form he kept Mahrez and Sane on the bench. Aguero was kept out when he wasn't doing what he's supposed to do. Gundogan kept his place in the greatest ever finish to season.
Why's Torres/Foden not starting ahead of Mahrez now ? No idea. May be he's lost that ruthlessness.
Nothing to do with ruthlessness, it's all to do with having to rotate the fit players to play ever 3/4 days for 4 months.

I understand what you are saying 100%.

But can you explain him playing the same inefective team yesterday as v Porto, and the two lads that came on against Porto and changed the game weren't given a start yesterday ?
Torres never even getting a sub spot even though Sterling and Mahrez were terrible.
It's inexplicable imo.

We all have our preferred players but we don't see them in training, we don't know their level of health, and these are unique circumstances with 2 games a week until Christmas, following no pre-season. I just feel it is too early for the criticism levelled at one of the greatest managers the world has seen.

For what it is worth, I would also prefer Torres and Foden to start but the team we put out were good enough, or should have been.

The squad have no hunger, looks like Peps tactics do not work any longer in PL. This have been like this since last part of last season
He's not really using the tactics that made us so formidable which is part of the problem, our full backs are now supposed to give us width as opposed to wingers so in attack we're way too narrow

He's not really using the tactics that made us so formidable which is part of the problem, our full backs are now supposed to give us width as opposed to wingers so in attack we're way too narrow

Our full-backs always gave us width and we always played with mobility across the front three. The key difference is that every team now sit with ten behind the ball and tries to break with speed. We are less vulnerable now but also we are creating far fewer chances. The huge injury list is not helping, whatsoever.

We all have our preferred players but we don't see them in training, we don't know their level of health, and these are unique circumstances with 2 games a week until Christmas, following no pre-season. I just feel it is too early for the criticism levelled at one of the greatest managers the world has seen.

For what it is worth, I would also prefer Torres and Foden to start but the team we put out were good enough, or should have been.
After the way they played against Porto I would definitely disagree with you that they were good enough.
I find it completely inexplicable why Pep put out that same team again yesterday and expected them to play any differently than they did a few days earlier.

Last edited:
Love how people say with such certainty that ‘Pep is done’
You’ve got no fucking idea what’s going on behind the scenes and pretending you do from titbits from the media and what some players nat have said after a defeat doesn’t quite cut it.
Also the tired cliched claim that he doesn’t care anymore or run out of ideas is laughable. He’s forgotten more about the game than the majority on here - including me.
If he goes, he goes and we will move on, but this narrative setting in that he’s a busted flush is embarrassing to read.
We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, but regardless, football is a results game and unfortunately the last 18 months ours are not good enough for a club of our stature.

You cannot say he is done.
Injuries need to clear up first,once they do and the players get more games behind them I think things will improve.
Last week fans were saying that was a brilliant tactical win,this week he is finished at City.

I have noticed how little we press the opposition lately, especially in midfield. This was our underpinning tactic 2 years ago, only see it in flashes now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.