Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Why ? None of them will be playing every 3/4 days before christmas, just every 6/7/8.

The real problem at the moment is injuries, we don't have a settled defence, we've been playing an unfit striker or no striker, and the midfield has missed it's best player, and when he returned yesterday, he looked like a shadow of the player we need.

Nothing to do with ruthlessness, it's all to do with having to rotate the fit players to play ever 3/4 days for 4 months.
The why for me is they are probably playing there best 11 and don't have the squad depth, obviously Leicester didn't either so that could happen. Villa will be nowhere near,and Leeds tend to slow down after Christmas under Bielsa. If I was to put money on anyone doing a Lecester it would be Everton. Otherwise think the top 4 will be made up of Us, Liverpool and 2 of spurs arsenal chelsea, not sure united will make it and Everton as the wild card. With us or liverpool winning it on 80 -85 points.

I prefer to look at reasons why the results haven’t been good enough and try and add a bit of context.
If the poor results were down to a managerial great suddenly becoming shite and not having a clue then I’d be happy to see him go. As it stands I don’t and I don’t.
Football may be a results business but it’s not what makes me support City and it’s why I’m not going to give up on Pep just because we are having a tough time atm.

How do you square all that with his contractual situation? You think it's okay that he can just string this along or do you think he has to tell the club before the season is over what he wants to do?

I prefer to look at reasons why the results haven’t been good enough and try and add a bit of context.
If the poor results were down to a managerial great suddenly becoming shite and not having a clue then I’d be happy to see him go. As it stands I don’t and I don’t.
Football may be a results business but it’s not what makes me support City and it’s why I’m not going to give up on Pep just because we are having a tough time atm.
We definitely have a number of issues presently with a mounting injury list and problems attacking and breaking teams down. But we are still very early into the season and If we win our game in hand (no guarantees of that I appreciate) then we are only 2 points behind the Dippers.

Heading into the new year if we are 5/6 points off the leaders then I think it is game on and hopefully with a fit squad we can put a winning run together. However, having said all of above we need our injured players to return quickly and I would also look at the possibility of buying a new forward in the January.

How do you square all that with his contractual situation? You think it's okay that he can just string this along or do you think he has to tell the club before the season is over what he wants to do?

I reckon he’s not stringing this along at all, Pep and the club know exactly what his plans are.

They both have to manage this and plan accordingly.

I reckon he’s not stringing this along at all, Pep and the club know exactly what his plans are.

They both have to manage this and plan accordingly.

They're managing it really really badly then. It is in absolutely nobody's interests that questions regarding Pep's future should dominate whilst the season is ongoing. And they are absolutely going to dominate the narrative moving forward.

It's also worth noting the players are absolutely in the dark about what Pep plans on doing next. I'm not sure again, just how conducive that is to getting the best out of them.

It was always going to be the case this season IMO, that if results/performances weren't good enough the uncertainty around Pep's personal future would become a serious issue. I fear we're heading in that direction.

I think things will dramatically improve as the season progresses, but this will be our last season with Pep.
That would be my reading of the situation too. I would love it if Pep stayed, but equally if he goes its with my blessing and he owes us nothing. I believe his legacy and future influence will stand us in great stead.

Ask me again though if we appoint Brendan unleash the crowd Rodgers as his replacement.

I think both Pep and the club are aware of what's going to happen and have repeatedly said that they are comfortable with the situation.
I expect players will have an idea as well. For us fans it can be frustrating of course but I don't see the same situation as what happened with Manuel going on. I think what's going on on the pitch right now is down to many factors - Peps contract situation would be quite low down though imo.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though, but keep that between ourselves.. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.