Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Everton doing well as they have played less games.

Everton will have only played 9 games after today's game compared to city playing twice a week and far more games with 8.

Nothing to do with Everton having a good manager.

I would be interested to see what the result of a vote along the following lines would be:

Option 1: extension to contract by 1 or 2 seasons
Option 2: leave

i want him to stay but I would not really want him to sign in say April for just one more year as it just feels like too temporary and then I can see the players being too comfortable.

for what it’s worth I don’t believe current form is down to anything to do with contract situation and it’s personel/injuries. If sterling didn’t have to go up front yesterday and we had a proper finisher taking those chances you would have been more confident about taking one and getting the win. Same at Leeds, yes we conceeded a lot of chances but again a finisher and we could have won and be sitting on 12 points with game in hand to go top.

Everton doing well as they have played less games.

Everton will have only played 9 games after today's game compared to city playing twice a week and far more games with 8.

Nothing to do with Everton having a good manager.
Everton have a good manager, City have a good manager. Your point as always is just a childlike insistence that Pep is just a shit Alan Ball.

They're managing it really really badly then. It is in absolutely nobody's interests that questions regarding Pep's future should dominate whilst the season is ongoing. And they are absolutely going to dominate the narrative moving forward.

It's also worth noting the players are absolutely in the dark about what Pep plans on doing next. I'm not sure again, just how conducive that is to getting the best out of them.

It was always going to be the case this season IMO, that if results/performances weren't good enough the uncertainty around Pep's personal future would become a serious issue. I fear we're heading in that direction.

If there’s no hint of him signing on then there will also be huge rumours in the new year with regards to who is being approached to potentially take over.

If Pep were to leave then there’s no way we could keep a successor secret until the end of the season imo and that may lead to more instability as it did in Pelegrini’s final season.

I think both Pep and the club are aware of what's going to happen and have repeatedly said that they are comfortable with the situation.
I expect players will have an idea as well. For us fans it can be frustrating of course but I don't see the same situation as what happened with Manuel going on. I think what's going on on the pitch right now is down to many factors - Peps contract situation would be quite low down though imo.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though, but keep that between ourselves.. :-)

I hope you're right - because if this isn't all tied into Pep's future, then I have far more hope that the players collectively can turn a corner, especially the attacking ones.

They're managing it really really badly then. It is in absolutely nobody's interests that questions regarding Pep's future should dominate whilst the season is ongoing. And they are absolutely going to dominate the narrative moving forward.

It's also worth noting the players are absolutely in the dark about what Pep plans on doing next. I'm not sure again, just how conducive that is to getting the best out of them.

It was always going to be the case this season IMO, that if results/performances weren't good enough the uncertainty around Pep's personal future would become a serious issue. I fear we're heading in that direction.

Can’t disagree with that all but everyone in the world knows Pep was only brought in to win the CL so the hierarchy are giving him one last chance ;-)

Everton have a good manager, City have a good manager. Your point as always is just a childlike insistence that Pep is just a shit Alan Ball.

How was that my point?

Ball was sacked after 3 games of a season, my point was he wasn't just judged on those 3 game. Also pep is being judged on these 5 or 8 games so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.