Pep's contract situation

I think pep needs to decide what his decision is, we can't put future planning on hold and it has potential to effect future transfer planning. If we are serious in getting an Aguero replacement next summer, the groundwork for that must start soon. Are the likes of Mbappe/Halaand going to commit to signing when the club is unsure who the manager is going to be. I'm not sure what he is waiting on and would hope that the hierarchy are putting pressure on him to make a decision. Would live for him to stay, but it needs to be a long term contract. A 12 month extension is no good for anyone, will lead to more uncertainty next season. Would love for him to stay, but it fastly approaching crunch time.

I think pep needs to decide what his decision is, we can't put future planning on hold and it has potential to effect future transfer planning. If we are serious in getting an Aguero replacement next summer, the groundwork for that must start soon. Are the likes of Mbappe/Halaand going to commit to signing when the club is unsure who the manager is going to be. I'm not sure what he is waiting on and would hope that the hierarchy are putting pressure on him to make a decision. Would live for him to stay, but it needs to be a long term contract. A 12 month extension is no good for anyone, will lead to more uncertainty next season. Would love for him to stay, but it fastly approaching crunch time.

Yup .... a decision needs to be made asap now. Either way, so as the club can put future plans into place, either with or without Pep.
(Personally, I would love him to stay.)

All those who want nagelsman instead of pep, just take a look at his get up tonight.

clearly thinks a lot of himself

no thanks

Let's look at his possible options if he does not extend

1. Stay in Premiership at another club --> Very unlikely
  2. Serie A --> This rumour has had some traction in last couple of years but I also see it as unlikely for a variety of reasons (His own playing experience there, the style of football overall and the level of competition). Juventus has the cache to attract him but I don't see it
  3. Bundesliga --> Why return when he went to the biggest club already, I also do not see this as likely
  4. Ligue 1 --> Only PSG would possibly be tempting but again there is nothing compelling in terms of the football or competition, not unlike with Serie A
  5. NT --> Which? Spain will never happen, neither will Argentina or Brasil. So Holland? Maybe but which competition? WC 2022 is too soon although I would rate this as a maybe. Euro 2024 also possible and again perhaps with Holland. WC 2026 even further away. NT is a different animal and even on this he has backtracked slightly when talking about this as a future job - I think the nature of having little consistent contact with the players makes it less attractive. Short term, maybe - so Netherlands could be a possibility

It leaves either returning to Barcelona in some capacity or taking a sabbatical and re-evaluating during that time. But he will indeed be courted with at least 1 of the candidates in the coming election

Unfortunately for Barca there is zero reason for Pep to return there. Bartomeu leaving does not solve their glaring problems. It is an enormous rebuild job as Messi has about 2 season left in him. All he can achieve at this point is tarnish his current legacy and I would be surprised if he can’t see that. He has continually failed to progress his teams in the CL, and I don’t see him taking Barca to the final. He will likely be picked up by a team like PSG or Juventus. There is something new for him to win with minimal challenge.

He can wear what he wants but it’s what it symbolises. he comes across as arrogant and I don’t get what the fuss is about

He can wear what he wants but it’s what it symbolises. he comes across as arrogant and I don’t get what the fuss is about

Maybe he just likes colourful clothes or maybe he is gay and being himself , who knows . He is peps muse , if pep says get him we will probably get him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.