Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

That is what he did at barca and the barca boys were happy with that , pep has done five years , perhaps a rolling contract is better than him signing for say two more and then wanting to leave after one

Why? A rolling contract means inevitable questions from the press on his future, it means the players don’t know whether the manager will remain from year to year, it means players signings may think twice.

I love pep but I can’t see this bringing anything but instability.

So where IS the one year rolling extension claim coming from?

Pep Guardiola's #ManCity contract will now be renewed on a yearly basis, with a decision expected to be made in March or April. [via
@Sport_Witness

So are they suggesting that for this season, as in only march april will a decision be made? some on here earlier suggested he would sign a 1 year extension with it rolling after that.

It’s a strange situation and I think it’s just spin by the club so the players don’t know that he is going. Him saying he will only stay if he deserves a new contract is a pretty stupid.

It’s a strange situation and I think it’s just spin by the club so the players don’t know that he is going. Him saying he will only stay if he deserves a new contract is a pretty stupid.
Win win really, he can go out on a high, if he wins, and nobody begrudges him or he comes up short and does a John Wayne into the sunset anyway!

Win win really, he can go out on a high, if he wins, and nobody begrudges him or he comes up short and does a John Wayne into the sunset anyway!

Doesn’t exactly shout confidence, if there is a few players struggling with the constant efforts required he’s given them a pretty straightforward way out.

I’m in a minority where i wouldn’t be hugely upset if he went but all this talk of rolling contracts? Who wants this debate every year. He is either confident in his own ability and enjoys being here or he doesn’t.

I would say it seems unlikely he hasn’t already decided and told the club as well. If that is correct then it seems very likely he is going.

I don’t see there being any issue of “drop off” owing to players thinking the manager won’t be there much longer. That said, I dont really like the idea of signing on for another year each season on a rolling basis. There’s no commitment.

even pellegrini was given/signed a 3 year deal when they knew he was going to only do a year.

Disagree I think at 5/1 it would be a sound bet
Sorry mate, you may have misunderstood me there, those odds were for Pep to not be manager by the end of 2020, not end of season. Obviously value’s in the eye of the beholder but Pep would have had to have gone last summer really for that to be a goer, unless something forced the situation.

As it happened, COVID came along, causing upheaval to both football and personal situations such as with Pep’s, so it could have happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.