Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I’ll take what we can get but I would much rather he agreed a multi-year extension but we insert a break clause option every year for either side to be activated by a certain date each year.

That in reality changes nothing compared to a 1 year rolling contract but it gives us more pulling power in the transfer market if players see he’s committed to a potential x amount of years as well as keeps the media at bay from the constant questioning of his future every single week and doubly so every time we drop points.

Pep’s our greatest ever manager. He’s also in the top 3, arguably number 1, best managers in the world. We are lucky to have him. However I can only see rolling contracts bringing instability. I get he might not want to commit for another 3 seasons but as a club we have to protect ourselves.

Maybe we’re hoping he commits to another year and then next year decides I’m happy I want to stay for another 3. Regardless I think if it continues to roll on it’s going to negatively impact on the club. Personally I’d love to see him commit to 2 years minimum and bring a bit of stability to it all.
We are lucky to have him but most important of all, he is a very lucky man to be the manager at this football club at this time.

He does not want for anything, has a wonderful owner and board that give him all that he needs.

Pep is not doing us any favours, the manager of manchester City FC is a very lucky man.

The intricacies of his contract aren't important.....As long as the club,the players and Pep,are happy......i'm happy.

I’ll take what we can get but I would much rather he agreed a multi-year extension but we insert a break clause option every year for either side to be activated by a certain date each year.

That in reality changes nothing compared to a 1 year rolling contract but it gives us more pulling power in the transfer market if players see he’s committed to a potential x amount of years as well as keeps the media at bay from the constant questioning of his future every single week and doubly so every time we drop points.

As we have seen with Ake, Dias ans Torres, all three which have cited Pep as reason for wanting to come, i think that will be an easy explanation to targeted players, which has already happened. Afterall this is his last year as it stands, and was at the time of their arrival.

Pep likes to speak to players before convincing them to come, i imagine he would state what he does publicly, he is happy here, he intends to stay here longer, all going well, he will. Having a 10 year contract is no different, the intent is the same, the circumstances that can result otherwise are the same. Players coming in would hopefully be mature enough to understand this, heck they themselves can flop and be sold in one season.

We are lucky to have him but most important of all, he is a very lucky man to be the manager at this football club at this time.

He does not want for anything, has a wonderful owner and board that give him all that he needs.

Pep is not doing us any favours, the manager of manchester City FC is a very lucky man.

Did anyone suggest he was doing us any favours?

Quite a few saying 'great news', while i don't disagree with the 'great' part, am i right that it is not 'news' yet, just speculation? Or, have i missed something.

Makes sense in all fronts, especially for pep

Not many teams have a better core group than: ederson, laporte, KDB and sterling. Add in the very good youngish players we have in ake, Dias, foden, bernardo (pushing it age wise), jesus, ferran.

Plenty of scope to recoup the money lost during the pandemic, should we have to, in Harrison, angelino, stones/garcia, mendy/zinchenco, mahrez possibly.

He also speaks highly of the youth team players too, which is encouraging.

All geared up for pep, ain’t nowhere better to be at the moment with almost guaranteed spending added to the mix.

Now to get everyone fit...

As we have seen with Ake, Dias ans Torres, all three which have cited Pep as reason for wanting to come,
Does it not worry you when they state this as the reason for joining?

We are Manchester City FC, not Pep FC for me it still paints us as a small time club riding the shirttails of a great manager.

All three of those players should have been jumping at the chance to join us 'whoever' the fucking manager was.

It pisses me right off tbh.

Does it not worry you when they state this as the reason for joining?

We are Manchester City FC, not Pep FC for me it still paints us as a small time club riding the shirttails of a great manager.

All three of those players should have been jumping at the chance to join us 'whoever' the fucking manager was.

It pisses me right off tbh.

Doesnt worry me . How many join utd because taggart was manager ?

I think players sign for a number of reasons, manager, winning trophies, to improve themselves, they mates are there, the campus/stadium.But why not use the pull of the worlds best manager, it's a great selling point. On the other hand players sign for utd and I dont think it's the pulling power of their manager or their falling down stadium, or winning trophies, it's called living in the pasted or signing just for the money and being a lift long rag !!!

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.