Pep's contract situation

Yeh Poch is a serial trophy winner. Lets go for him.

"Serial trophy winner" is the sort of thing Mourinho's agent or Benitez's agent will lead with in discussions. Thankfully, the prerequisite at City is a bit more nuanced than that. Poch is by some distance the safest possible replacement for Pep for many reasons.

On the Guardiola contract front, this ticking clock and weekly headlines are his doing. Nobody else's. For me it's even more galling if the only thing he's going to sign is a 12 month extension. Thankfully the club seem to finally be realising that they need to have it out there they're making contingency plans for when he does inevitably announce his departure at the last possible moment.

According to Goal:

'Pep Guardiola looks increasingly likely to leave Manchester City next summer

Two possible replacements have already been identified'.

Edit, full article below, fucking nothing in it, rinse repeat churmalism

The headline writer's done the article writer dirty here. The article doesn't really suggest Pep's off at any point in any definitive matter. Or even a non-definitive matter actually.

The author, Jonathan Smith, is not someone who I've ever known to stir the pot with his articles on City.

The club arent briefing anything , they just talk to each other and will all know where they stand, the journos have been writing about poch since he left spurs , if he was that good he would already be at a top club, barca didnt touch him , he is a loser

"Serial trophy winner" is the sort of thing Mourinho's agent or Benitez's agent will lead with in discussions. Thankfully, the prerequisite at City is a bit more nuanced than that. Poch is by some distance the safest possible replacement for Pep for many reasons.

On the Guardiola contract front, this ticking clock and weekly headlines are his doing. Nobody else's. For me it's even more galling if the only thing he's going to sign is a 12 month extension. Thankfully the club seem to finally be realising that they need to have it out there they're making contingency plans for when he does inevitably announce his departure at the last possible moment.

Yeah the talk of a 12 month extension doesn’t do it for me and the club shouldn’t be considering it in my view. Feels like we’re only considering it because he’s Pep Guardiola, rather than what’s best for the club.

The biggest issue right now is the uncertainty. Prolonging that uncertainty by another season, when results/performances have already been tepid for a year, just isn’t what we need right now in my view.

It should either be a 3 year extension and clear intent from Pep that he’s here for the long term with the view of freshening things up, or we shake hands a draw a line under what’s been a very successful stint.

Yeah the talk of a 12 month extension doesn’t do it for me and the club shouldn’t be considering it in my view. Feels like we’re only considering because he’s Pep, rather than what’s best for the club.

The biggest issue right now is the uncertainty. Prolonging that uncertainty by another season, when results/performances have already been tepid for a year, just isn’t what we need right now in my view.

It should either be a 3 year extension and clear intent from Pep that he’s here for the long term with the view of freshening things up, or we shake hands a draw a line under what’s been a very successful stint.

100%.

There's this strange feeling (and maybe it's just me) that somehow the club/players/the whole fucking league has to prove something to Pep before he chooses to stay.

That's totally the wrong way round. Guardiola has got the next few months to try and convince us the supporters, and the owners, that he should be in charge of the rebuild. IMO of course.

100%.

There's this strange feeling (and maybe it's just me) that somehow the club/players/the whole fucking league has to prove something to Pep before he chooses to stay.

That's totally the wrong way round. Guardiola has got the next few months to try and convince us the supporters, and the owners, that he should be in charge of the rebuild. IMO of course.
Funnily enough, that's what Pep keeps saying.

The problem is whoever comes in is going to need a transitional time. I have no issue with Pep being on a rolling year contract I don't believe the players would be affected at all. Lets face it a lot of players probably prefer that as they need a new face at times

Pep has always said he would walk away if he wasn't getting the feeling of commitment from the players. I personally think he will end up staying 2 seasons on a rolling contract.

We have a relatively young squad with a lot of potentially great youngsters to come through. They can be nurtured and integrated over the next season or two primed for a new manager if required

Funnily enough, that's what Pep keeps saying.

Sometimes. Other times he says he has no concerns about being in the last 12 months of his contract because it absolutely won't effect the players because they're "top professionals".

Using the players/owners will, when clearly both want him to stay, as an excuse for not signing a new deal is poor form. I'd rather he said "I've not decided what I want to do" which is probably closer to the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.